Dyche out Moyes in.

Agreed, don't want Moyes back.
OK he kept us safe but he was boring.
He kept us safe?

Finishing 5th, 6th and 7th nearly every season for a decade is a bit better than keeping us safe. Yes, it wasn't 'Everton FC' levels of success, but then we stopped being 'Everton FC' the day a flambouyant theatre impresario joined the board in October 1989.

As a 'kid' i.e., over 30+ years of age. 😒. Moyes was the main manager of my youth.
Apart from the very few good seasonal performances since his departure we've been relatively poor.

Happily have him back.

This choice; it's like hey, do you wanna' pick up large dog 💩 or runny dog 💩.

My only hope "hope" right now is the FA don't choose Carsley (sorry Lee), he's not afraid of what we've become and we can nip in.

Yeah, lets not get the guy whos got a record of taking teams struggling near the bottom of the table and turning them into team that challenge for Europe every season and has won a European cup and bring in some fella who never managed at the top level before.

I swear people want to see us relegated

Agreed, don't want Moyes back.
OK he kept us safe but he was boring.

Take it you didn't see us play under moyes.

I remember one season we were the most attacking side in Europe 6-8 weeks into the season one year.

Same rhetoric that said Mourinho was a boring defensive manager while at real Madrid even through he out scored peps barca 2 out of the 3 seasons he was there and created the counter style to Barcelonas tiki taka.

Take it you didn't see us play under moyes.

I remember one season we were the most attacking side in Europe 6-8 weeks into the season one year.

Same rhetoric that said Mourinho was a boring defensive manager while at real Madrid even through he out scored peps barca 2 out of the 3 seasons he was there and created the counter style to Barcelonas tiki taka.

He was here for 10 years though, most of which was pretty boring and we almost always shat ourselves against anyone decent. Do I think he's an upgrade on Dyche? Possibly, but only in the sense of a new manager bounce, after that it'd be the same dire football and we'll quickly remember why a lot of fans were glad to see the back of him once we got over the shock of him leaving for Utd.

I think it's fairly irrelevant anyway as I don't see anyone taking control and having the bollocks to sack Dyche unless the takeover rapidly progresses.

I agree but at the moment we have no owner so how can we get a long term replacement? Who is taking the job knowing they could be given the boot immediately.
I agree mate, we need the ownership issue addressing asap.

I just don’t want moyes back in any form, short term or otherwise.

No one is taking the job and there’s no one to sack the current manager imo currently, which is why Dyche Walker is safe as houses.

Apart from a good year from Martinez - the best manager we have had in 25 years who built our best squad.

There was a lot of heavy whingeing about a glass ceiling with him before he left for Utd - when our expectations were still on Europe.

Familiarity breeds contempt - a lot of the fan base are very familiar.

He also had us competing very well with the clubs around us but had a real inferiority complex when it came to the 'top' teams of the day.

He's a known quantity I'm more comfortable with than Dyche - but the fans would be restless again pretty soon.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back