Dyche out Moyes in.

He was here for 10 years though, most of which was pretty boring and we almost always shat ourselves against anyone decent. Do I think he's an upgrade on Dyche? Possibly, but only in the sense of a new manager bounce, after that it'd be the same dire football and we'll quickly remember why a lot of fans were glad to see the back of him once we got over the shock of him leaving for Utd.

I think it's fairly irrelevant anyway as I don't see anyone taking control and having the bollocks to sack Dyche unless the takeover rapidly progresses.

This is such a weird rewriting of history. The man popularised attacking full backs in the league yet we played boring football?

Yes we had poor results away from home against the top 4 but at home we had a fairly good record against them.

Possibly a upgrade on dyche...ffs whats the point.

If I could click my fingers and swap Dyche for Moyes I absolutely would.

But I also keep seeing the argument that it should be Moyes because he MIGHT (and I'm not convinced) accept a short term deal which in turn would allow the new owner to choose a more progressive manager.

Couldn't that simply be avoided by simply choosing a more progressive manager right now? It's unlikely after all that a new owner is going to come in and say "nah, I don't want [progressive manager x], I want David Moyes".

If the new owner is likely to want a progressive manager then go and get one. Ideally you want a more progressive manager to come in over the summer but we are still early enough to implement fresh ideas.

If the new owner is likely to want a progressive manager then go and get one. Ideally you want a more progressive manager to come in over the summer but we are still early enough to implement fresh ideas.

Honestly, this whole "fresh ideas" thing sounds like magical thinking to me. Just FM nonsense. It doesn't happen. If it did he'd be off after 12 months. It doesn't make ANY sense. It's actual magical thinking. How would this progressive guy stay with us? Under what scenario is that happening?

I've been against getting Moyes back for some time, but i think ive just had a revelation...

Remember when we needed to sign a new striker, and we somehow ended up with a promising young Italian striker called Moise Kean?

What if this was us misinterpreting a subliminal message all along, a Dale Cooperesque dream sequence using the deductive technique he called the Tibetan method?

And instead of hiring an experienced Italian great to get the best out the precocious Italian talent, we should've appointed someone else.

Someone, with a history of turning predominantly defensive players into formidable attacking options (Watson, Fellaini, Antonio).

In 2019, we didn't need Moise Kean. We needed Moyes, and Keane upfront.

Perhaps its not to late.

Last edited:
Honestly, this whole "fresh ideas" thing sounds like magical thinking to me. Just FM nonsense. It doesn't happen. If it did he'd be off after 12 months. It doesn't make ANY sense. It's actual magical thinking. How would this progressive guy stay with us? Under what scenario is that happening?
Well last night I watched my team go out of a cup with 25% possession at home to Southampton reserves so yeah I kind of am in the market for “fresh ideas”.

But I also keep seeing the argument that it should be Moyes because he MIGHT (and I'm not convinced) accept a short term deal which in turn would allow the new owner to choose a more progressive manager.

Couldn't that simply be avoided by simply choosing a more progressive manager right now? It's unlikely after all that a new owner is going to come in and say "nah, I don't want [progressive manager x], I want David Moyes".

Well I think you've hit the nail on the head with the final sentence. Yes , if you are going to appoint a Potter or Edin Turzic with a polar opposite style to Dyche you want them to have the pre season to work with the players and inculcate their ideas whereas Moyes whilst being a far better manager than Dyche is in a similar vein and more of a pragmatist.

I think Moyes would easily get this squad safe leaving the way free for a bolder appointment in the summer.

Would Moyes take it ? Who knows.

Cba going back through this thread, But the immediate questions are will Dyche keep us up and is there a suitable available manager to replace him until a new owner is sourced,
My opinion is Dyche can’t be counted on with 5 wins in 6 months of football to keep us up and Moyes is obviously available and possibly willing to do it on a short term,
I’d sack Dyche after Leicester assuming we are getting beat and offer it to Moyes, it maybe his repayment for leaving in the manner he did.
Mind you I’d sack Dyche today if it was me.

I know lots of West Ham fans that hated Moyes and his style of football, he spent over £300 mil over the last 3 years there and they couldn't wait for him to be gone, even Dyches Everton beat them last season at their place and nearly and should have won at Goodison if it wasn't for Mcneil hitting a shot straight at the keeper at 1-0 from 2 yards out.

Some Everton fans need to think outside the box and realise that their are 1000s of managers out there who are better than the 2 clowns in this thread.

Moyes = Not wining top 4 team for another 10 years (taking a knife to gun fight)
Little old Everton, plucky Everton do me a favour

Moyes knows the club and the league and could do a job immediately.

A progressive young manager could get you relegated.

I think Dyche is as likely to keep us in the league this year as Moyes is , so I don't see the point in replacing one with the other.

My preference in the future would be neither

Moyes knows the club and the league and could do a job immediately.

A progressive young manager could get you relegated.

I think Dyche is as likely to keep us in the league this year as Moyes is , so I don't see the point in replacing one with the other.

My preference in the future would be neither
Moyes is going to want a least 18 month contract and plenty of add ons think the ideal scenario is dyche stays his contract runs out we say hopefully with new owners thanks very much and he and the club move on .cannot see any new owner want either moving forward

IMG_7147.webp

Stephen Schumacher is available stoke fans don’t seem happy he has gone, blooding youth players did well at Plymouth.
Duncan Ferguson is not doing well at Inverness still mid table after relegation. Naismith had a good season last year but not a good start this year.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back