Dynamo Kyiv

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd imagine the away leg will definitely be behind closed doors but still in Kiev. Those scenes last night were awful.

If we can keep a clean sheet and win at Goodison and then go there with no fans I think it's a massive advantage to us!

We have booked our flights and hotel for 3 nights. If the venue is moved, I am hoping travel insurance will cover it.
Surely they wouldnt change the venue though after the draw has been made?

in terms of away days it couldn't really have been any worse.
in terms of football it's a good draw for us - they're beatable so long as we turn up for it.

The better away days were the harder ties (minus Brugge).

Have to save the next away for the next round - hopefully!!

Beat them last time I saw them at goodison back in 1961
image.webp

Am i the only one who thinks this is probably one of the hardest draws?... they've only lost one match in europe in ages.

Yes - They were the fifth worst team we could have drawn going from the bookies odds who are seldom wrong. Who's arsed they have only lost one match in Europe in ages, Young boys had a phenominal record too and we sliced them and diced them

I'd imagine the away leg will definitely be behind closed doors but still in Kiev. Those scenes last night were awful.

If we can keep a clean sheet and win at Goodison and then go there with no fans I think it's a massive advantage to us!

nah!

they were having a bit of fun and having a good old mess about, horseplay it was!

health and safety gone mad and prob political correctness too

We have booked our flights and hotel for 3 nights. If the venue is moved, I am hoping travel insurance will cover it.
Surely they wouldnt change the venue though after the draw has been made?
Their game against Valencia got changed as the teams were flying to the game !

First couple of minutes of the draw during the waffle, they mentioned unrest in stadiums and racist incidents, I think they will throw the book at kiev and Feyenoord.

...and probably increases the risk of trouble away from the stadium, both and after the game, if the complete nutters feel particularly miffed about not getting to see the game!

genuine question - if it is behind closed doors will people still go? that could provoke all kinds of incidents, without the safety net of a stadium full of CCTV and stewards too so it could end pretty badly. Imagine the headlines too....

I said something similar about the last draw but I'm happy with it in two ways: not only have we avoided the toughest draw but there are some ties where a good side will be knocked out - Villarreal v Sevilla, Wolfsburg v Inter and Fiorentina v Roma.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back