Dynamo Kyiv

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's easy to be in second gear for Kyiv though, i mean....

Their biggest rivals in Dnipro and Shakhtar have both faced huge disadvantages, whilst an other good team, who we all know too well, Metallist Kharkiv, are on their arse, as their President done a runner, so they're no longer a force.

Shakhtar, having to play over 1,000mi from their home ground, and with the place the players call home seemingly in ruin, and their security under threat, players aren't happy, and are away from home, you may have seen that half their Brazilians went AWOL through fear. Yeah, well Imagine Everton having to play every home game 1,200km away from Goodison, that's Turin. So Dynamo have had a lot go their way this season, last season, they languished in 4th, which is their worst ever placing, since Ukraine Split from the Soviet Union.

Whilst they certainly shouldn't be written off, nor should they be taken lightly, anything but, we've got extremely lucky with the fact key players like Belhanda will miss the first leg, but with other extremely good players like Vitorino Antunes, Jermain Lens and Dragovic, they've got some quality, but crucially I think they're doable.

I realise fans have booked flights over, and I'd hate to see them lose out, but a closed stadium would work out a treat for us, especially if we have a 2-0 lead going back over there.

Our Route to Last 16. Group: Wolfsburg, Lille OSC, FK Krasnodar finishing 1st. Knockouts: BSC Young Boys: 7-2 on Agg.
Kyiv Route to last 16. Group: Aab Aalborg, Steaua Bucharest, Rio Ave. 1st. Knockouts: Guingamp, won 4-3 on agg.

We've certainly faced harder teams too, losing just one also on the way. I think we've got a great chance of going through.

Defo could've been worse. They don't seem to have played anyone "major" in getting this far either. Will be tough but the win in wolfsburg proves we should fear no one I feel.

We will be fine if we are on our game and don't get unstuck at home. We really need to stop letting teams take the lead against us. Better teams will shut up shop and counter attack you and not let you through like young boys.

I just noticed Wolfsburg are favourites for Europa and second in Germany ... we beat them 6-1 over two ties. Everyone seems terrified of every team in Europe and then we crush them ... yet put Leicester City in front of us and we fold. Can we just play in Europa every week?

Anyway this seems like a decent draw aside from the very obvious safety concerns for travelling. Save your money lids ... see you in Warsaw. BAWK!

Did it work?

I know we're supposed to just like stuff but this made me genuinely LOL ... so kudos.

Thanx Not followed them this season mate was wondering how they will be/set up etc.

- They play 4-2-3-1.
- They've still got Yarmolenko, he's their captain and he's still their most attacking threat.
- Their centre back Dragovic is very competent and it was a shock when he left Basel for the Ukraine as various top clubs were interested in him (they still are apparently). You'll probably see a few "I like the look of that Dragovic" comments in the match thread around here when we play them :cool:
- Belhanda was once considered one of the most promising play makers in Europe, and like Dragovic, him moving to the Ukraine was quite surprising as top clubs were interested. He has the potential to do damage.
- Jeremain Lens is very quick and would should be wary of him on the counter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back