Dynamo Kyiv

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why are so many people hoping we sabotage our European campaign? Just can't understand the mentality.

Simple because the first eleven can't beat teams if they play two games in a week. And PL status is the priority. There is a likelihood that we may go down as things stand.

Our worst period was when the Europa league was on a break, so that blows that excuse out of the water.

So you think Martinez's latest excuse does not stand then. Sure I want Europa but I fear we may even not getting one point against Newcastle.

I want to continue in the EL. PL is priority but we will be ok in that anyway. Leicester and Burnley are finished. One other goes but there are plenty worse than us. The EL is a bonus.

In fairness to Roberto, what's he supposed to say?
This season Everton have suffered in the premier league due to the under performances of too many players that we rely on. On top of this a lot of players that weren't suffering from this have been injured. I'm certain that something has gone on in the background with both Eto'o and Distin but to be perfectly honest, I don't give a bollocks about that anymore.

I honestly don't believe we're in any real danger of relegation. I would guess that 32 points would be enough for 17th this year and if we continue in the same vein of form as we are currently (averaging a point a game) we should reach 38 at least. Winning the Europa League has to continue to be the priority, otherwise we might as well just give up...aim for midtable every year and try to win either the FA cup of League Cup. That is NOT got enough for Everton in my opinion.

I still believe in Martinez...not saying I'm not pissed off at some of his decisions and comments... but that man got us playing the best football I've seen us play in decades. We've been rubbish this season and only seen glimpses of it but I'm not willing to give up on the dream just yet. I think a lot of people don't want Roberto to have success in Europe now as they feel that will secure his job (some Arsenal fans were the same talking about Wenger.. they want him to [Poor language removed] up so that they can justify getting rid of him). The fact is, Martinez got a team that was expected to struggle last season to finish 5th on the highest points they've ever had in the premier league. Doing the double over United and achieving other great results along the way.

This season we put 6 past Wolfsburg, who are the current bookies favorites to win Europa. We put 7 past Young Boys, a team that hadn't lost a home European game in nearly 4 years. When we play.... we play. We currently don't seem to be able to deal with how English opposition set up against us and a large part of this is to do with the inexperience of the key players in our system. The team is being built around the potential of our young players, it hasn't gelled this season... it will be better next season. If it isn't Roberto will be gone by January.

But every single fan worrying about relegation out there, you have one job, get behind the team. I know you want to get on players and mangers backs and criticise or whatever but what is needed now is solidarity, we're not in a great position and having a poisonous atmosphere at Goodison is not going to help. Get behind the team, the manager and the players and let's get to the end of the season with a trip to Warsaw to look forward to. Think about the future after this season is over because one thing is for certain, changing manager now would not help us.

In fairness to Roberto, what's he supposed to say?
This season Everton have suffered in the premier league due to the under performances of too many players that we rely on. On top of this a lot of players that weren't suffering from this have been injured. I'm certain that something has gone on in the background with both Eto'o and Distin but to be perfectly honest, I don't give a bollocks about that anymore.

I honestly don't believe we're in any real danger of relegation. I would guess that 32 points would be enough for 17th this year and if we continue in the same vein of form as we are currently (averaging a point a game) we should reach 38 at least. Winning the Europa League has to continue to be the priority, otherwise we might as well just give up...aim for midtable every year and try to win either the FA cup of League Cup. That is NOT got enough for Everton in my opinion.

I still believe in Martinez...not saying I'm not pissed off at some of his decisions and comments... but that man got us playing the best football I've seen us play in decades. We've been rubbish this season and only seen glimpses of it but I'm not willing to give up on the dream just yet. I think a lot of people don't want Roberto to have success in Europe now as they feel that will secure his job (some Arsenal fans were the same talking about Wenger.. they want him to [Poor language removed] up so that they can justify getting rid of him). The fact is, Martinez got a team that was expected to struggle last season to finish 5th on the highest points they've ever had in the premier league. Doing the double over United and achieving other great results along the way.

This season we put 6 past Wolfsburg, who are the current bookies favorites to win Europa. We put 7 past Young Boys, a team that hadn't lost a home European game in nearly 4 years. When we play.... we play. We currently don't seem to be able to deal with how English opposition set up against us and a large part of this is to do with the inexperience of the key players in our system. The team is being built around the potential of our young players, it hasn't gelled this season... it will be better next season. If it isn't Roberto will be gone by January.

But every single fan worrying about relegation out there, you have one job, get behind the team. I know you want to get on players and mangers backs and criticise or whatever but what is needed now is solidarity, we're not in a great position and having a poisonous atmosphere at Goodison is not going to help. Get behind the team, the manager and the players and let's get to the end of the season with a trip to Warsaw to look forward to. Think about the future after this season is over because one thing is for certain, changing manager now would not help us.
Agree with most of this actually. I just think that Martinez needs to be a bit more adaptable and prepared to drop players no matter how senior when they are out of form and not playing well.
Don't know either that fans 'want' to be negative (although some did and have taken it to extremes) their negativity and criticism was born of concern for the club, a sentiment I well agree on.
But it's past time for infighting and point-scoring, it is time to get behind the team. Don't have to accept the position we sit as acceptable for EFC but rather acknowledge that it isn't acceptable so we have to get behind the team to prevent it worsening. A poisonous Goodison helps no-one.

Agree with most of this actually. I just think that Martinez needs to be a bit more adaptable and prepared to drop players no matter how senior when they are out of form and not playing well.
Don't know either that fans 'want' to be negative (although some did and have taken it to extremes) their negativity and criticism was born of concern for the club, a sentiment I well agree on.
But it's past time for infighting and point-scoring, it is time to get behind the team. Don't have to accept the position we sit as acceptable for EFC but rather acknowledge that it isn't acceptable so we have to get behind the team to prevent it worsening. A poisonous Goodison helps no-one.

And I agree with pretty much everything there. I think Martinez has made some poor selection choices and substitutions throughout the season. That said i think some of the criticism is silly as well... Ross has been terrible this season but so many people lose their head when he's not selected. Mirallas has also been piss poor for large chunks of the season.

Apart from everything else, the most important thing has to be supporting the club right now. The MartinezOut brigade are completely entitled to their opinion but need to realise that it won't happen this year and the earliest it could probably happen would be November (and we would need to be in the bottom 3 at that stage). And for feck sake, can we all try to enjoy Europa while we're there... we won't have it to look forward to next year unless we win it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back