• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

ECHO Comment: "Fears of Witch-hunt Against Liverpool FC" part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be honest, there’s no shame in that, second to only City. It’s scary what LFC can do if they make couple of good signings. Just happy to know that they aren’t in the market yet and hope it stays that way. Hard to have a similar season without competition for places (front 3 specifically) and it was a very exhausting season for them.

Next season I feel City is obviously still the favourites, then day light and then other usual suspects. There is no way they are going to go that far in CL again third time unless the draws are extremely easy which did benefit them, last year particularly.

Also it is really important that other big clubs pick up their form. Chelsea plays well with the new manager most of the times but with Lampard, I doubt. Arsenal for me are the dark horse for the league title. Spurs will struggle I think, they hit their maximum this season under Pochetino and feel Kane and Ali aren’t the same players. Also Eriksen and Toby might leave.

United is probably the worst of the lot, unfortunately. I don’t see why we do not have a clear transfer strategy or vision. There is nothing I have seen so far that gives me hope. Daniel James is not a world beater. Top players are underperforming and wants to leave. I am only hoping for a miracle at this point. First club to sack manager could be United.

Best of rest - Everton, Wolves and West Ham. Believe Wolves and West Ham are growing and growing well. Everton really need some smart signings and pragmatic manager to keep up.

Good post but it shouldnt be looked at as a bad thing that United are in tatters. Theres an opportunity for Everton to take advantage and its an opportunity that must be taken. The back end of last season showed the potential difference between united and Everton.

Combine that with Spurs potentially dropping as you suggest there is a REAL chance to push for Champions League qualification.

Good post but it shouldnt be looked at as a bad thing that United are in tatters. Theres an opportunity for Everton to take advantage and its an opportunity that must be taken. The back end of last season showed the potential difference between united and Everton.

Combine that with Spurs potentially dropping as you suggest there is a REAL chance to push for Champions League qualification.
I honestly don’t think Everton is in real chance of top 4. Still need 3-4 extremely good signings and who hit the ground running. Also I have doubts on Marco Silva although he owned Klopp tactically couple of times this season.

I honestly don’t think Everton is in real chance of top 4. Still need 3-4 extremely good signings and who hit the ground running. Also I have doubts on Marco Silva although he owned Klopp tactically couple of times this season.

Why not? Who was better than Everton last season? Wolves are the only club not in the "big 6". I cant see them having a similar season next term and europe in the early stages could be a problem for them.

Manchester United are the most obvious club there for the taking. Even if top 4 is slightly out of reach it should be something thats gone for, 100%.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back