Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

ECHO Comment: "Fears of Witch-hunt Against Liverpool FC" part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
You keep referring to Coutinho as being in Liverpool's midfield last season, but he wasn't there from Jan to May and only played 14 games all season. Your attempts to convince yourself and others that Liverpool's midfield has downgraded from the end of last season is impressive.

Plus it's nice to see that "overrated" players like Coutinho and Can are now seen as world-beaters now they've left. Can was mediocre overall for Liverpool, with the occasional excellent game thrown in. The Italian league will suit him, though, as he can be pedestrian on the ball, often taken too many touches for the pace of the prem.

It's only Everton fans who don't think Liverpool haven't strengthened this summer lol. Even most Utd fans acknowledge it, but only time will tell.

Always rated Can and Coutinho, check my post history.

Can was pretty much the first name on the team sheet for Klopp. Maybe you know more than him. And Juventus. Impressive.

If you think the Italian league is pedestrian how would you describe the French league? Produced nothing but flops recently, as consistently as the Dutch league.

This could be a very rude wake up call. I’m slightly worried for Klopps health. He’ll be under enormous pressure this year, we could see him crumble.

Then there’s the ENORMOUS debt and the fact, mystifyingly, you’ve found no buyers for studge, marko, divo, migs and ingy etc.

Very, very worrying times.

Can was pretty much the first name on the team sheet for Klopp. Maybe you know more than him. And Juventus. Impressive.

If you think the Italian league is pedestrian how would you describe the French league? Produced nothing but flops recently, as consistently as the Dutch league.

This could be a very rude wake up call. I’m slightly worried for Klopps health. He’ll be under enormous pressure this year, we could see him crumble.

Then there’s the ENORMOUS debt and the fact, mystifyingly, you’ve found no buyers for studge, marko, divo, migs and ingy etc.

Lol, imagine trying to convince yourself the guy barca paid £130m for wasn't part of your best midfield last season, like skamp is.

Good point; I, for one, am extremely worried.....

Lol, imagine trying to convince yourself the guy barca paid £130m for wasn't part of your best midfield last season, like skamp is.
Tbf they seemed to go up a gear when he left. Could be simply the time of year, they seem to kick on around February. A LOT of that was due to Salah, it will be interesting to see if he can replicate last season. That plus the added additions would put them certainly in the top 3 in my eyes.

However I'd much prefer the view of an inevitable mental breakdown for Klopp and a drop out of the top 4.

Good point; I, for one, am extremely worried.....

You’re not though, this is the danger.

Liverpool fans, erm let’s call it ‘optimism’, is a globally recognised meme but this time the crash is going to be particularly hard. You could hide behind the money spent argument (sort of) that has been taken away now....you NEED to win the league....

Tbf they seemed to go up a gear when he left. Could be simply the time of year, they seem to kick on around February. A LOT of that was due to Salah, it will be interesting to see if he can replicate last season. That plus the added additions would put them certainly in the top 3 in my eyes.

However I'd much prefer the view of an inevitable mental breakdown for Klopp and a drop out of the top 4.

No they didn’t go up a gear at all.

That's not what I'm saying; I'm saying that convincing yourself that Coutinho was integral to Liverpool's midfield last season isn't true, because her only featured in a minority of matches.

I'm afraid that's just not true. Once Oxlade-Chamberlain got up to speed, Can featured less & less in the starting line-up. In fact, he only started 13 of Liverpool's last 26 games.

Hardly the record of "first name on the team sheet".
Ahem.....Salah.....

You’re not though, this is the danger.

Liverpool fans, erm let’s call it ‘optimism’, is a globally recognised meme but this time the crash is going to be particularly hard. You could hide behind the money spent argument (sort of) that has been taken away now....you NEED to win the league....
So the first season we spend serious money without losing a big player, we immediately HAVE to win the league next season? If you like, mate.

I'm afraid that's just not true. Once Oxlade-Chamberlain got up to speed, Can featured less & less in the starting line-up. In fact, he only started 13 of Liverpool's last 26 games.

Hardly the record of "first name on the team sheet".
Ahem.....Salah.....

You do realise Can was injured for most of the last two months of the season??

Wasn’t chosen for the CL final....wonder how that worked out!
lol lol lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back