Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

ECHO Comment: "Fears of Witch-hunt Against Liverpool FC" part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
How good do people say the keeper is?

Most people with knowledge of him (i.e not jamie redknapp) say he's massively overpriced and can't believe he went for that much. You wouldn't know as it wasn't Everton who signed him.
Hope they are right about him being rubbish.
One in work today was saying they will win the league this year, I said can't see city not winning it, his reply was we have just beat them.
That was a friendly , and you beat them in the champions league as well ,but how many points behind them were you last year?
Went right over his head.

For all their delusion and hope for this season I predict they wont even finish top 6.
The pressure will get to Klopp and will be transferred to the players.

Been hearing whispers around that this Fabinho is looking pretty shocking and slow so far.
Any truth to this? Or is there a wind up going on that I'm unaware of?

He’s looked exactly like he did in the French league. There’s a reason he was the last of that Monaco generation to go. Chelsea even rated Bakayoko as better than him. Even at Monaco he’d often get used in different positions as a utility player. He couldn’t make the Brazil team ahead of Fernandinho Casemiro and Renato Augusto. He’s ok but isnt the rolls Royce midfielder they all just presumed he was before a ball had even been kicked. He’s certainly not in the same class as Jorginho Matic Torreira or Fernandinho.

I’ve said it before, last season their midfield was Can Coutinho and Henderson as first choice. Keita and Fabinho are going to have to be extremely good players to even equal Can and Coutinho much less improve on them. Apart from the goalkeeper and bits of cover I don’t see where they’ve strengthened this season.

He’s looked exactly like he did in the French league. There’s a reason he was the last of that Monaco generation to go. Chelsea even rated Bakayoko as better than him. Even at Monaco he’d often get used in different positions as a utility player. He couldn’t make the Brazil team ahead of Fernandinho Casemiro and Renato Augusto. He’s ok but isnt the rolls Royce midfielder they all just presumed he was before a ball had even been kicked. He’s certainly not in the same class as Jorginho Matic Torreira or Fernandinho.

I’ve said it before, last season their midfield was Can Coutinho and Henderson as first choice. Keita and Fabinho are going to have to be extremely good players to even equal Can and Coutinho much less improve on them. Apart from the goalkeeper and bits of cover I don’t see where they’ve strengthened this season.

Not even sure the goalie's much of an improvement tbh, the weight of that price tag will weigh heavy. A few early mistakes and he could be ruined.

The midfield is weaker, the forward three won't score as many this year and unlikely to be as lucky with injuries, the defence is still not great, think VVD is a bit clueless, the fullbacks would struggle to make the bench at the rest of the top 6, just leaving the best CB in world to shore them up.

Klopp could provide one the most epic meltdowns football has ever known if it doesn't go as well as the money spent would demand.

Interesting times, especially as they need CL football to service their humongous debt.

Without trying to be too biased I think they pretty clearly have the second best squad unless Spurs make some serious moves today. But I don't see it being enough to overturn the deficit they had to City last year. There isn't enough to suggest City will regress or the RS will improve to that degree

Without trying to be too biased I think they pretty clearly have the second best squad unless Spurs make some serious moves today. But I don't see it being enough to overturn the deficit they had to City last year. There isn't enough to suggest City will regress or the RS will improve to that degree

United have a better squad, that’s not even a question. Their issue is are they going to be pulling together this season.

Klopp’s banked everything on a strong first 11 and his style of football shocking people. Last season showed that the top 6 had started to have his number. Even Allardyce and Pardew knew what to do to deal with his team. All of the top 6 have good first 11s. It will come down to who can be most consistent and I don’t see anything in the Liverpool team to suggest they’re suddenly going to do something they’ve never done before whereas Spurs or United are suddenly going to fall away from what they’ve done before.

Not even sure the goalie's much of an improvement tbh, the weight of that price tag will weigh heavy. A few early mistakes and he could be ruined.

The midfield is weaker, the forward three won't score as many this year and unlikely to be as lucky with injuries, the defence is still not great, think VVD is a bit clueless, the fullbacks would struggle to make the bench at the rest of the top 6, just leaving the best CB in world to shore them up.

Klopp could provide one the most epic meltdowns football has ever known if it doesn't go as well as the money spent would demand.

Interesting times, especially as they need CL football to service their humongous debt.

Be fair. He said 'one of the best'.

You keep referring to Coutinho as being in Liverpool's midfield last season, but he wasn't there from Jan to May and only played 14 games all season. Your attempts to convince yourself and others that Liverpool's midfield has downgraded from the end of last season is impressive.

Plus it's nice to see that "overrated" players like Coutinho and Can are now seen as world-beaters now they've left. Can was mediocre overall for Liverpool, with the occasional excellent game thrown in. The Italian league will suit him, though, as he can be pedestrian on the ball, often taken too many touches for the pace of the prem.

It's only Everton fans who don't think Liverpool haven't strengthened this summer lol. Even most Utd fans acknowledge it, but only time will tell.

You keep referring to Coutinho as being in Liverpool's midfield last season, but he wasn't there from Jan to May and only played 14 games all season. Your attempts to convince yourself and others that Liverpool's midfield has downgraded from the end of last season is impressive.

Plus it's nice to see that "overrated" players like Coutinho and Can are now seen as world-beaters now they've left. Can was mediocre overall for Liverpool, with the occasional excellent game thrown in. The Italian league will suit him, though, as he can be pedestrian on the ball, often taken too many touches for the pace of the prem.

It's only Everton fans who don't think Liverpool haven't strengthened this summer lol. Even most Utd fans acknowledge it, but only time will tell.

Wow, are you Neanderthals actually learning not to award yourself a trophy before a ball has even been kicked for once in your lives? I don’t think anyone ever called Coutinho overrated, he’s the midfield orchestrator for Barcelona and Brazil. Regardless of whether you think he was crucial last season the point is you had him on your books, sold him, then brought in Keita in his place and started to fanfare that he’s a top midfielder. All we do know is that Coutinho is a top midfielder, the bloke you’ve bought from the German league could be of any quality.

I personally think you have the weakest midfield three of the top 6. Signing Fekir May have changed that but honestly whichmof these teams would swap their midfield for Keita Fabinho Henderson? United (Matic Pogba Fred), Chelsea (Jorginho Kante Kovacic), City (Fernandinho De Bruyne Silva) Spurs (Dembele Alli Eriksen) Arsenal (Torreira Ramsey Ozil). Not one of them would.

Based on what...here ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back