Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

ECHO Comment: "Fears of Witch-hunt Against Liverpool FC" part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where have I said they are, mate? This is the first time in years I actually EXPECT Liverpool to finish top 4.

I expect you to Finish in all the top 4 places your that good-

BIGGEST DELUDED BELLEND FANS TABLE

1. Liverpool FC & The Good Humoured Coach Smashing Welcoming Committee

2. Liverpool Redmen TV Nonce Squad

3. Liverpool Fanta-Scruff and His Help-Him-Up Hobbits

4. Liverpool Pundit P(r)icks -Thomo, Lawro, Aldo, Carra, Quinny, Redknapp, Souness, Saunders, James, Owen, Fowler, Mellor, Mcmanaman, Molby, Murphy, Colin Murray, Barnsey, Beglin, Collymore, Casey, Hamann, Hansen, Houghton, Stevie Nicol, Stevie Me, Paul (M)Ince, Paul Walsh, Alan Parry.......

5. Newcastle

6. West Ham

7. Arsenal

4. Liverpool Pundit P(r)icks -Thomo, Lawro, Aldo, Carra, Quinny, Redknapp, Souness, Saunders, James, Owen, Fowler, Mellor, Mcmanaman, Molby, Murphy, Colin Murray, Barnsey, Beglin, Collymore, Casey, Hamann, Hansen, Houghton, Stevie Nicol, Stevie Me, Paul (M)Ince, Paul Walsh, Alan Parry.......

5. Newcastle

6. West Ham

7. Arsenal

Aldridge
Redknapp
Souness
Emlyn
Hansen
Owen
Lawro
Evans
Stevie Me

5. Newcastle

6. West Ham

7. Arsenal
You must have been rushed when compiling the list for Number 4. That's far too short.

Dont need a season ticket for a freindly, and that top tier is closed

Wonder why they call us small time with idiotic patter like this.

Yeh but...but...DER DE BEST SUPPORTERS IN DE WEEEEERRRLD LAAAD.

Would have thought all the half and half scarf flakes who have never been to Anfield would be all over this like.....

Yeh but...but...DER DE BEST SUPPORTERS IN DE WEEEEERRRLD LAAAD.

Would have thought all the half and half scarf flakes who have never been to Anfield would be all over this like.....

De were gonna go, but der mar's washed all der shinnies and der on da line and won't be dry till der pubs open on Sunday morning, den de can see all der mates and high six em in der shiny shinnies, purple bin kits and half shandy bass's, if you close your eyes and squint its just like being der...... "Werk on, Werk on..." clap clap clap clap

I find the talk of Arsenal pushing for second a bit weird, given that most on here are saying that Liverpool will never bridge the gap to City from last season, whereas the gaps to Arsenal was much bigger. New manager and some good signings, granted, but I don't see them as anything other than pushing for a top 4 spot and probably missing out.

If Emery can sort the defence they have a better front line than any of the top teams. Ozil is a world class playmaker the likes of which you or United don’t have. They also have Mkhitaryan who is an assist machine. Aubemayang and Lacazette are both capable of hitting over 15 each easily. That front four has the most potency in my mind. 4 class players all in their prime. Everyone else has at least one or two positions with a question mark by it in their attack. I don’t think they’ll come second (United will in my eyes) but I think they’ll do far better than people think and are being massively underrated to the same extent Liverpool are being overrated.

Think Liverpool will be a lot stronger this year if the keeper is as good as people say, plus there midfield has got more depth.
Definitely top 4 with City, Man Unt, Spurs or Arsenal( don't know if they will get that new manager bounce, if they do them instead of spurs) , City to win it again , but expect the RS to be there main challengers

I just don’t see why there’s such a casual neglect of the rest of the top 6’s chances. Mourinho with a United team that has strengthened and finished a decent points difference ahead of Liverpool last season. There’s no logical argument as to why they won’t be up there again, they have a fantastic squad and a far better manager than Liverpool. Spurs have been in the top 4 every season Pochettino has been there challenging for the title twice. Why would they suddenly just disappear out of the equation even when they managed it plying at Wembley? Chelsea still have a remarkable playing squad Hazard Kante Willian Azpilicueta these are some of the top players in the premier league who have won multiple titles. Add in Jorginho and Kovacic and they could do anything from coming 6th to winning it depending on Sarri. It’s the same with Arsenal. The inconsistencies of the Wenger years may not be there. They have a breath taking attack capable of beating the majority of teams easily so why would they not be in the shakeup for top 4?

Liverpool meanwhile have swapped Can and Coutinho for Fabinho and Keita and brought in a good keeper. They’ve finished fourth the last 2 seasons so deserve their place in the conversation around top 4 but nothing they have done at any point over the last few seasons or in this transfer window suggest that they are suddenly going to put a gap between themselves and 4 of the top 6 to get up with City. Nothing. That is pure media invention.

In reality Liverpool were a bit fortunate Conte had a meltdown last season otherwise they’d have been out of the top 4. Salah and Firmino only missed 3 games between them yet Chelsea’s half arsed stars not even playing for their manager pushed them close. There won’t be a Wenger team to take out the equation this time either.

The battle amongst the top 6 will be far closer than people are making out and the strengths of each before a ball has been kicked look unknown. In no way though is there anything that suggests it will be Liverpool City and 2 others. If they have a tough CL run (unlike last year) they could even have a worse season.

I just don’t see why there’s such a casual neglect of the rest of the top 6’s chances. Mourinho with a United team that has strengthened and finished a decent points difference ahead of Liverpool last season. There’s no logical argument as to why they won’t be up there again, they have a fantastic squad and a far better manager than Liverpool. Spurs have been in the top 4 every season Pochettino has been there challenging for the title twice. Why would they suddenly just disappear out of the equation even when they managed it plying at Wembley? Chelsea still have a remarkable playing squad Hazard Kante Willian Azpilicueta these are some of the top players in the premier league who have won multiple titles. Add in Jorginho and Kovacic and they could do anything from coming 6th to winning it depending on Sarri. It’s the same with Arsenal. The inconsistencies of the Wenger years may not be there. They have a breath taking attack capable of beating the majority of teams easily so why would they not be in the shakeup for top 4?

Liverpool meanwhile have swapped Can and Coutinho for Fabinho and Keita and brought in a good keeper. They’ve finished fourth the last 2 seasons so deserve their place in the conversation around top 4 but nothing they have done at any point over the last few seasons or in this transfer window suggest that they are suddenly going to put a gap between themselves and 4 of the top 6 to get up with City. Nothing. That is pure media invention.

In reality Liverpool were a bit fortunate Conte had a meltdown last season otherwise they’d have been out of the top 4. Salah and Firmino only missed 3 games between them yet Chelsea’s half arsed stars not even playing for their manager pushed them close. There won’t be a Wenger team to take out the equation this time either.

The battle amongst the top 6 will be far closer than people are making out and the strengths of each before a ball has been kicked look unknown. In no way though is there anything that suggests it will be Liverpool City and 2 others. If they have a tough CL run (unlike last year) they could even have a worse season.
hope you are right

hope you are right

I still see a bit of big three little three in the top 6. Chelsea lost their way last season but City and United i think have a bit extra on everyone else. The other 4 to me all look capable of anything but on paper and on past league performances I don’t see why Liverpool are commanding the sort of champions elect attention they are.

But but... beardy weirdie... 5 times... unlucky... Alternative Premier League... Advanced stat metrics... waah waah!

The BBC have just published an article, referrering to a study, which says they are the unluckiest team.

I loved it, I mean I only read a couple of paragraphs because it was boring but imagine having such a sad life to sit through all that and make a table.

Footy is about opinions, just because the ref thought something and some noon thought another, doesn't mean the second one is right. They classed all pens as automatic goals I could see as well which is moronic.
The RS will never be the unluckiest team.

I loved it, I mean I only read a couple of paragraphs because it was boring but imagine having such a sad life to sit through all that and make a table.

Footy is about opinions, just because the ref thought something and some noon thought another, doesn't mean the second one is right. They classed all pens as automatic goals I could see as well which is moronic.
The RS will never be the unluckiest team.

The barrel scraping will go on....even Bath University was involved in this I read. Yet the penny still hasn't dropped with any of the RS that no matter how/who and whatever technology or statistical leverage they employ...they still can't get top spot and win the bleedin' thing.

This summer has all the hallmarks of a big spend disastrous season for them. Loads of pressure on a team that'll need 6 months to gel into an outfit capable of competing.

They'll win nothing and Klopp will be fighting for his job before the end of the season.

It's all so laughably predictable.

Just let the big gobbed nobheads set themselves up for a fall and enjoy the implosion.

30 'kin years without the title. What 'big' club whose fans have a sense of entitlement over the title carries that weight of shame around with them? Imagine Milan or Inter or Juventus in Italy calling themselves a big club without winning the Scudetto for 30 years; or Barcelona and Madrid not winning La Liga for that long? They'd be laughed at. But Liverpool sell a few thousand replica shirts, lampshades and duvet covers to the gullible in south east Asia and think that entitles them to being described as a global colossus. They're a nothing club in world terms and an also-ran club here at home.

That's the reality.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back