Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

ECHO Comment: "Fears of Witch-hunt Against Liverpool FC" part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
The other 3 Markov, mignolet and origi will probably net them another 25-30m before the European transfer window shuts

I seriously doubt it. Even at the top end of that hope it's still a considerable loss.

What's the breakdown of the wish list?

Personally the best you can hope for is a loan deal for Markovic before letting him go on a free.

Origi has one year left and has hardly tore it up. Some of your lot were calling Lukaku the 3rd best Belgian in Merseyside not so long ago....they seem like distant days. He's still young but not really shown much, last year. Maybe £8m with £2m add ons? At the absolute best.

Mignolet, his wages could be the problem here, as well as his age. Can't think of any top club who would want him. Again £8m tops.

I've been generous there as well tbh.

If i had to put money on it, Markovic and Origi will go on loan before going for free and Mignolet will find a buyer for about £5m. Not sure you're looking to shift him anyway. Karius is finished after you left him to walk alone and you let the promising international Ward go for a song. Would leave you quite exposed. Club is being mismanaged on all levels, it's a ticking time bomb.

I seriously doubt it. Even at the top end of that hope it's still a considerable loss.

What's the breakdown of the wish list?

Personally the best you can hope for is a loan deal for Markovic before letting him go on a free.

Origi has one year left and has hardly tore it up. Some of your lot were calling Lukaku the 3rd best Belgian in Merseyside not so long ago....they seem like distant days. He's still young but not really shown much, last year. Maybe £8m with £2m add ons? At the absolute best.

Mignolet, his wages could be the problem here, as well as his age. Can't think of any top club who would want him. Again £8m tops.

I've been generous there as well tbh.

If i had to put money on it, Markovic and Origi will go on loan before going for free and Mignolet will find a buyer for about £5m. Not sure you're looking to shift him anyway. Karius is finished after you left him to walk alone and you let the promising international Ward go for a song. Would leave you quite exposed. Club is being mismanaged on all levels, it's a ticking time bomb.
Won't be THAT considerable a loss, as they cost a total of £39M for all 3. Given that Everton lost £12M on Klassen and should they get rid of Schneiderlin, Keane or even Sig, the losses would be far more "considerable".

Which looks the greater "mismanagement"?

Won't be THAT considerable a loss, as they cost a total of £39M for all 3. Given that Everton lost £12M on Klassen and should they get rid of Schneiderlin, Keane or even Sig, the losses would be far more "considerable".

Which looks the greater "mismanagement"?

Add in Klavan, Moreno, Milner and Sturridge.

Next year you have a clutch of first teamers coming to the end of the contracts.

Let one of your best players in Can leave on a free.

It’s a mess.

Next year you have a clutch of first teamers coming to the end of the contracts.

It’s a mess.
If you add those & Can to the players you've previously mentioned, they cost a grand sum of £77M. If they all went for free, there'd be a loss of £77M.

On the plus side, Coutinho was bought for £8.5m (went for £110M rising to £140M), Salah, Mane & Firmino are all worth double or more what was paid for them, without mentioning the buy/sell of Sterling & others, so not the quite the financial crash you'd like to convince yourself & others of.

Salah & Firmino recently signed new long term deals.

Allison, Fabinho, Keita & Shaqiri have obviously just signed long-term deals.

Van Dijk & Robertson signed long contracts last year.

TAA, Wijnaldum, Henderson, Lovren and Lallana are contracted until at least 2020.

Mane is in the process of signing a new contract.

Who are these "clutch of first teamers coming to the end of the contracts"?

If you want to play the cherry-picking game, Klaassen, Keane, Schneiderlin & Sigurdsson cost around a combined £120M.

If you add those & Can to the players you've previously mentioned, they cost a grand sum of £77M. If they all went for free, there'd be a loss of £77M.

On the plus side, Coutinho was bought for £8.5m (went for £110M rising to £140M), Salah, Mane & Firmino are all worth double or more what was paid for them, without mentioning the buy/sell of Sterling & others, so not the quite the financial crash you'd like to convince yourself & others of.

Salah & Firmino recently signed new long term deals.

Allison, Fabinho, Keita & Shaqiri have obviously just signed long-term deals.

Van Dijk & Robertson signed long contracts last year.

TAA, Wijnaldum, Henderson, Lovren and Lallana are contracted until at least 2020.

Mane is in the process of signing a new contract.

Who are these "clutch of first teamers coming to the end of the contracts"?

If you want to play the cherry-picking game, Klaassen, Keane, Schneiderlin & Sigurdsson cost around a combined £120M.

2020 isn’t that long, less than a year to sort their contracts out or they’ll run down like the rest.

Think you could regret giving long term deals to Shaqiri, Robertson, TAA, VVD etc.

Not sure Mane is worth double what you paid. A tad overrated I fear.

Coutinho is yet another example of you being unable to hold onto your best talent. He had to be sold to paper over the cracks.

Worrying times.

2020 isn’t that long, less than a year to sort their contracts out or they’ll run down like the rest.

Think you could regret giving long term deals to Shaqiri, Robertson, TAA, VVD etc.

Not sure Mane is worth double what you paid. A tad overrated I fear.

Coutinho is yet another example of you being unable to hold onto your best talent. He had to be sold to paper over the cracks.

Worrying times.
Fair play, that actually made me laugh out loud. I genuinely like your posts as they are fun to read.

So it's worrying because some players have only 2 years left on their contracts, but we could regret giving other players long term deals?

Please explain which way you think we should go when sorting players contracts?

According to a number of (admittedly subjective) sources, Mane is valued at €70M (around) £64M, close to double his fee. He's been one of our top 3 players since he signed and had his best ever season last season, so his stock is on the rise. I'd guess if any of Everton's signings this window turn out to be of similar success, you guys would be pretty happy?

So it's worrying because some players have only 2 years left on their contracts, but we could regret giving other players long term deals?

Please explain which way you think we should go when sorting players contracts?

According to a number of (admittedly subjective) sources, Mane is valued at €70M (around) £64M, close to double his fee. He's been one of our top 3 players since he signed and had his best ever season last season, so his stock is on the rise. I'd guess if any of Everton's signings this window turn out to be of similar success, you guys would be pretty happy?

2 years left is fine if it’s sorted but FSG have shown they often overlook this.

Long term deals for Salah, Firmino and even Allison make perfect sense. A 5.5 year deal of £180k a week for someone as limited as VVD is fraught with peril. See Sturridge, Markivic, Origi, Mignolet etc

It’s a tricky business and all clubs are imperfect in contract management, FSG seem worse than most.

Don’t know who’d buy Mane for that much. Not a youngster anymore and 3 out of 4 summers will be spent playing an arduous tournament.

It’s a mess.
To be fair, if we had Klavan, Moreno, Milner and Sturridge at Everton, I'd be circling the day one year for now so I could celebrate them leaving.

Milner is a good professional but like Barry here, once you fall off the edge of the cliff performance wise, you're a waste of space.

Anyway, I agree with the takeaway being, Unluckypewl have got to spend big over the next few windows just to stand still and it'll probably be at the cost of some of their bigger players going to balance the bills. Can't complain about that though, it's just sound business practice. The real worry (for them) is that they haven't really got the strength in depth to maintain top 4 unless they luck out and win big. Can't see that in the league, and I don't think the CL big boys are going to let it happen again.

Anyway, everyone predicting Liverpool to do big things this year. The only thing I think they'll do is belly up in all competitions once it gets to the business end. If they do that in a big and spectacular way, then pass me the popcorn and get me a front row seat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back