• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

ECHO Comment: "Fears of Witch-hunt Against Liverpool FC" part 3

Henderson injury will hopefully be a blow to them in the CL. I never did understand why they played him at centreback tbh. They’ve got reserve fullbacks on their bench including one they paid quite a bit for from Greece. Why can’t they play him at right back and move Alexander Arnold into centreback? Carlo has moved Digne there a few times this season and it’s worked ok. Or he could have played the actual reserve centrebacks he has in Philips and Williams. But instead it was like he was making a point ‘look how bad our injuries are, I have to keep playing midfielders at centreback’. Now they’ve both got injured probably through being overused and making movements they don’t normally make. Klopp also crocked Matip bringing him back when he was blatantly unfit just to try and get some big media wins over United in the cup and Spurs in the league. Klopp doesn’t even care about the cup but if he’s playing United or Everton he throws the full team out to win only to Chuck the competition in the next round. That’s just pure ego. He put a couple of big wins to keep himself in the limelight over the well being of one of his most injury prone players who everyone knows can’t play more than a game a week. The only person who has ruined their season is Klopp with his brain dead selections such as playing Jota in a group stage dead rubber.

All this makes sense, but they also have 3 senor CBs on the bench too.

Henderson injury will hopefully be a blow to them in the CL. I never did understand why they played him at centreback tbh. They’ve got reserve fullbacks on their bench including one they paid quite a bit for from Greece. Why can’t they play him at right back and move Alexander Arnold into centreback? Carlo has moved Digne there a few times this season and it’s worked ok. Or he could have played the actual reserve centrebacks he has in Philips and Williams. But instead it was like he was making a point ‘look how bad our injuries are, I have to keep playing midfielders at centreback’. Now they’ve both got injured probably through being overused and making movements they don’t normally make. Klopp also crocked Matip bringing him back when he was blatantly unfit just to try and get some big media wins over United in the cup and Spurs in the league. Klopp doesn’t even care about the cup but if he’s playing United or Everton he throws the full team out to win only to Chuck the competition in the next round. That’s just pure ego. He put a couple of big wins to keep himself in the limelight over the well being of one of his most injury prone players who everyone knows can’t play more than a game a week. The only person who has ruined their season is Klopp with his brain dead selections such as playing Jota in a group stage dead rubber.
...because Klopp has been an utter child who, when the owners wouldn't go out and spend £50M on a short term stand in for VVD, threw his toys on the floor and played key players from midfield out of position to underline to the fans how hard done by he's been by the club in January, and in order to cover up his own tracks of not being a competent manager in a crisis.

Heh, as was I a little. There's no real evidence ventolin increases performance, but you have to wonder what might be masked by asthma meds or would boost performance if taken in suitable, but not too obvious quantities.
Depends on the form the salbutamol is administered. Inhalers really low dose strsight to the point where needed - not much effect. Tablets into the mouth - big dose - really stimulating! I know, I had them as a teenager.

This is exactly what i said to my missus. Henderson goes off and she was "oh no another injury to a centre back" and I said well he's got 2 on the bench but apparently he wanted to bed Davies in slowly. I said you don't get time to "bed" players in during a so called injury crisis.

Hes absolutely flogged those players, Greek left back on the bench who has played one game, TAA playing every minute imaginable when they have a back up right back in Nico Williams. Playing midfielders at centre back crying about injuries when Matip has been one of the most injury prone players they've had and Gomez is on his 2nd long term injury.

He has one way and one way only to play, there is no plan B and plan A involves selecting the same player every single game until they finally break down.
I'm surprised nobody has said anything to him, because there's a good chance he'll ruin TAA if he continues playing him, TAA has gone from playing like Dani Alves to a Tony Hibbert without Hibbert's ablity to defend in the space of a few months.

This is exactly what i said to my missus. Henderson goes off and she was "oh no another injury to a centre back" and I said well he's got 2 on the bench but apparently he wanted to bed Davies in slowly. I said you don't get time to "bed" players in during a so called injury crisis.

Hes absolutely flogged those players, Greek left back on the bench who has played one game, TAA playing every minute imaginable when they have a back up right back in Nico Williams. Playing midfielders at centre back crying about injuries when Matip has been one of the most injury prone players they've had and Gomez is on his 2nd long term injury.

He has one way and one way only to play, there is no plan B and plan A involves selecting the same player every single game until they finally break down.
They've got, despite injuries:

Ben Davies
Nathaniel Philips
Rhys Williams
Kabak

4 CBs he can play. Instead he's playing CM there pretending he's got no other options.

Our entire squad CB options are:

Mina
Keane
Holgate
Godfrey

His refusal to rotate his first XI is taking its toll. Pretty simple.

Fulham are really in form as well. Should beat Sheffield though.

Can you imagine the meltdown if Sheff Utd beat them 1-0?

With, £24 million, Rhian Broomhandle, grabbing the winner.

Never know at the moment...

Anything less than 6pts from the next 3 and theyve got a really tough 6 weeks of matches which could see them struggle.

Will be an interesting few weeks seeing how they get on.

My guess is 7th place.

It's a great time to be an Everton fan right now. We have beaten our despised and detested neighbours, we hopefully have a new stadium on the way, we are still in with a chance of a top 4 finish, and we have a world class manager in the dugout. Afters years of stagnation, we are a club on the up again.

I suppose in that context and taking into account the events on Saturday evening , then it's no surprise that the website of the local kopite loving rag, produce articles like this at 5am on the Monday morning, after Everton finally beating the reds at their own dunghole.

They always like to keep things as negative and belittling as possible about Everton at the red echo.

This after all is the same paper, that a few years ago told us that 11th place was our rightful level, and that we shouldn't complain, in case we make things worse. This is the very same paper that also tried to convince fans, that Big Sam was a suitable appointment for us as manager.lol

Last edited:
It's a great time to be an Everton fan right now. We have beaten our despised and detested neighbours, we hopefully have a new stadium on the way, we are still in with a chance of a top 4 finish, and we have a world class manager in the dugout. Afters years of stagnation, we are a club on the up again.

I suppose in that context and taking into account the events on Saturday evening , then it's no surprise that the website of the local kopite loving rag, produce articles like this at 5am on the Monday morning, after Everton finally beating the reds at their own dunghole.

They always like to keep things as negative and belittling as possible about Everton at the red echo.

This after all is the same paper, that a few years ago told us that 11th place was our rightful level, and that we shouldn't complain, in case we make things worse. This is the very same paper that also tried to convince fans, that Big Sam was a suitable appointment for us as manager.lol

Honest to god, it infuriates me that that rag hasn’t gone under. The day can’t come soon enough, absolutely worthless pile of trash. Would not wipe my arse with it.

Let's stop posting links to them then. I won't click on it, but others will and it's generating traffic/hits for them.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back