• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

ECHO Comment: "Fears of Witch-hunt Against Liverpool FC" part 3

Jesus Christ.

There's feeling sorry for yourselves and then there's this.. :Blink: lol

"This was meant to be the year in which Klopp’s men sealed back-to-back titles and drew level with Man United‘s record tally, further adding to their legend.

It was supposed to be the next act of brilliance in one of the truly great chapters in Liverpool’s history, cementing their place as the best team ever to grace the Anfield turf.

Instead, this has all been snatched away in brutal fashion with the vast majority of the Reds’ issues completely out of their hands."

I mean.. this is staggering stuff even for them.

You forgot this bit...

It’s almost as though the footballing gods felt one league title was suffice before inflicting misery on the Reds as some sort of punishment for enjoying their long-awaited success too much.

The absolute state of that.
The whole world is against them, poor Liverpool, oh shut up, the last three seasons they have had unprecedented success, built on good recruitment by spending a lot of money, world record transfer fee's for centre halves, goalkeeper etc. Continuity, built on hardly any injuries, Chamberlain apart, considering the high risk, heavy metal football they play was unbelievable. Incredibly generous refereeing and VAR decisions and a fawning media, heavily pro red which has helped them immensely. Now according to red friends, colleague's sky, BT, rawk etc, everyone of them things has turned against them, in other words they are getting the luck, treatment and rulings every other team have been getting for years, well boohoo. Apparently all the commentators hate them, are unfair to them and don't show them enough respect. That includes Carragher, who they now advise to keep gobbling on kids, Murphy who is bitter he was never good enough for Liverpool and unbelievably one Martin Tyler :eek:, who in my opinion and one or two others, managed to get any further up Liverpool's backside, would need a plunger to be dragged out. Yeah poor Liverpool.

Jesus Christ.

There's feeling sorry for yourselves and then there's this.. :Blink: lol

"This was meant to be the year in which Klopp’s men sealed back-to-back titles and drew level with Man United‘s record tally, further adding to their legend.

It was supposed to be the next act of brilliance in one of the truly great chapters in Liverpool’s history, cementing their place as the best team ever to grace the Anfield turf.

Instead, this has all been snatched away in brutal fashion with the vast majority of the Reds’ issues completely out of their hands."

I mean.. this is staggering stuff even for them.
They actually believed the hype about that team. Unbelievable.

I was staggered reading about it being about to consolidate itself as 'the best to have ever graced Anfield'!

The author must be about 15 years of age.

They actually believed the hype about that team. Unbelievable.

I was staggered reading about it being about to consolidate itslef as 'the best to have ever graced Anfiled'!

The author must be about 15 years of age.
Reading through the comments on it there is one lad who tries to tell it how it is (probably the only match going fan on there) and the rest of the armchair divvys just turn on him because he is not towing the narrative, they are a funny lot.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back