• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

ECHO Comment: "Fears of Witch-hunt Against Liverpool FC" part 3

I never minded him pre Liverpool, he's obviously tarnished that since he's been there and been a huge bellend, it's nice to see him go but I suppose it offers a few minutes rest from focusing on what a mess we are.
I remember enjoying his drunk press conference after Dortmund won the league and he was carting around that ludicrous stein.

NINTCHDBPICT000519710738.jpg

I was absolutely gutted when he joined Liverpool.

Then my natural instincts kicked in and I quickly wondered how I'd ever liked the guy.

Apparently Klopp is seething at the corruption in the prem and their protection of City. He feels it is pointless trying to compete against the oil money and prem board. You have to say that he is probably right. The prem corruption has not only held them back but is also now destroying their best management team for generations. I'd be livid if I was them, absolutely fuming.

He isn't wrong, but they are the last people who should make such complaints.

I remember enjoying his drunk press conference after Dortmund won the league and he was carting around that ludicrous stein.

NINTCHDBPICT000519710738.jpg

I was absolutely gutted when he joined Liverpool.

Then my natural instincts kicked in and I quickly wondered how I'd ever liked the guy.

Yeah it was a shame to have to take an immediate dislike to him, fair play though on the job he's done with them and what he's achieved.

They've spent their fair share of money but they've spent it well and sold well generally and he's done an admirable job of trying to break City's dominance.

All the best to him away from football, unless of course he becomes the next Newcastle manager and causes me to have an aneurysm

Whoever replaces him is going to have to complete the renewal of that side - replacing Salah and VVD over the next couple of seasons - whilst maintaining top four and retaining the confidence of a squad who will have won more than the new manager under the old methods.

Its a massive job and if the board have "knows the club" as one of the criteria then it is much more likely to go wrong.
Spot on, I honestly don't think there are many managers who will be able to come in and replicate the autonomy he had, even if they do the ideas will be different and it would be a poisoned chalice. It will require a structural change, took Arsenal a while to realise that and now they have a better set up with Edu there working with Arteta, Utd never realised it and are still making the same mistakes after alienating Rangnick.

I never minded him pre Liverpool, he's obviously tarnished that since he's been there and been a huge bellend, it's nice to see him go but I suppose it offers a few minutes rest from focusing on what a mess we are.

Will be funny when he takes a side to Anfield in the future and his antics and comments piss their fans off a la Suarez

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back