• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

ECHO Comment: "Fears of Witch-hunt Against Liverpool FC" part 3

Seen it all now...Jesus tonight.

View attachment 246654
Paul Joyce. The Times ...another ex Echo RS decamped to the capital and The Times. Disappointingly, no mention of VVD still carrying a certain injury
Christ almighty, not heard of these “injury” things before, no other team has ever had them have they, the rs have invented another thing.

Also, didnt know Badgercic was a cb, educational this Paul Joyce fella.

I used to think that but the results during those final 9 games suggest it was not such a factor.

We won 6 games, drew 2 games 0-0 and lost the infamous game against Oxford.
We were profligate in front of goal in the drawn games and without Lineker’s lucky boots against Oxford.
This Oxford away game where Lineker kept missing chances... Were any of you there? Reason I ask is I found the extended highlights on youtube and based on those, Oxford basically battered us the whole match and it was a miracle we only lost 1-0. Lineker had a couple of medium chances but not too much.

Could it be one of them slightly mythical things, started by a Lineker quote?

I want what's best for Everton FIRST and what's bad for Liverpool a distant SECOND so (unfortunately) them getting a result tonight helps us out.

A few injuries and red cards for Luton wouldn't go amiss either.
Tbh what's best for us in terms of our expectations is so low now, that seeing them lose and their fans reaction is as enjoyable as us winning. Last season after we stayed up I was relieved, but didn't celebrate it. We shouldn't be in this mess, we squandered huge amounts of money on crap. When Klopp came in we weren't that far from being a top 4 side. I remember RS wanting Klopp sacked after losing to Southampton and Wolves in the cup. It's easy hating Liverpool, it's hard to love Everton now. When we had players like Jags, Howard, Baines, Arteta, Pienaar and Cahill who made an effort. You had players to get behind. Now other than Coleman I don't identify with most players. Seeing Carragher getting is knickers in a twist is far more enjoyable, than is getting a draw against Spurs. I know Everton will let me down I expect it, we always find some way to eff things up. You can only hope Klopp has a trophyless season and RS fans cry like little bitches, cos Pedmeister has left. It's easy to hate Klopp, hard to love Dyche.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back