• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

ECHO Comment: "Fears of Witch-hunt Against Liverpool FC" part 3

Southalls injury playing for Wales in 1986 cost us the double
I used to think that but the results during those final 9 games suggest it was not such a factor.
I would agree that there may have been a psychological impact on players who felt they were invincible when Nev was in goal and played with more freedom knowing he would normally bail them out if needs be.

We won 6 games, drew 2 games 0-0 and lost the infamous game against Oxford.
We were profligate in front of goal in the drawn games and without Lineker’s lucky boots against Oxford.

I was at Man Utd when Sharp had a shot blocked on the line by Mark Higgins(oh the irony) and I think Heath missed a sitter as well.

I had also forgotten that Southall’s last game before his injury was a 2-1 defeat at Luton!!!

I think Big Nev would have been better in the Cup Final though and maybe stop them winning the double.

Luton defeat tonight, Liverpools next league match after that is Man City which hopefully they lose.

RS will sadly have City off at Anfield.

Last thing we want is them winning the league the same season that we potentially go down. Imagine how unbearable they would be.

Would rather they miss out on winning anything and relegation being in our own hands. If we cant finish above a team like Luton then only ourselves (and the corrupt PL) to blame.

RS will sadly have City off at Anfield.

Last thing we want is them winning the league the same season that we potentially go down. Imagine how unbearable they would be.

Would rather they miss out on winning anything and relegation being in our own hands. If we cant finish above a team like Luton then only ourselves (and the corrupt PL) to blame.
100% agree which is why I want Liverpool to beat them. If Luton don't win another point this season and the PL keep their dirty hands off our remaining points then we are safe.

Its about time we took the @davek approach here. 1 win in 30. They're a cup team. They aren't winning it. They'll fall near the finishing post. etc etc

Last edited:

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back