• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

ECHO Comment: "Fears of Witch-hunt Against Liverpool FC" part 3

I thought the Slot interview with the media was instructive about the differences to expect under him to Klopp's teams.

The word 'chaos' is used positively here regarding Klopp's style, but what he really means is 'hoofball', and he's not having it and he's going to get away from it.

They'll be a lot more pedestrian this season under Slot. That'll cause real problems for the supporters who've been weaned on a long ball game under Benitez, Rodgers (apart from his first season when he tried to play a passing game), and Klopp.

You can tell Liverpool fans are nervous about what's going to happen next.

I thought the Slot interview with the media was instructive about the differences to expect under him to Klopp's teams.

The word 'chaos' is used positively here regarding Klopp's style, but what he really means is 'hoofball', and he's not having it and he's going to get away from it.

They'll be a lot more pedestrian this season under Slot. That'll cause real problems for the supporters who've been weaned on a long ball game under Benitez, Rodgers (apart from his first season when he tried to play a passing game), and Klopp.

What you reading articles about Liverpool for

they relied on hoofball and fast lads up front, supported by bodies getting up quick to back them up and causing chaos and panic in defences. They knew that if teams then brake away against them, they could foul and not get as many yellow cards as other teams because 'they aren't that kind of team'. They haven't got the players to play proper footy, they'll drop down to the 3rd to 6th places in the league until they get footballers in. (refer to TAA's comments about his positional indiscipline)

I really can't bring myself to read anything about that shower and have absolute zero interest. The charade surrounding them and fully promoted and endorsed by the RS loving media is contrived hogwash tempered to fit the whole RS narrative. You will seldom, if ever, get a true perspective or, certainly, a negative view of what is going on behind the scenes unless a positive spin can be placed on it. Meanwhile, every last item of our dirty washing is aired for all and sundry.

they relied on hoofball and fast lads up front, supported by bodies getting up quick to back them up and causing chaos and panic in defences. They knew that if teams then brake away against them, they could foul and not get as many yellow cards as other teams because 'they aren't that kind of team'. They haven't got the players to play proper footy, they'll drop down to the 3rd to 6th places in the league until they get footballers in. (refer to TAA's comments about his positional indiscipline)
The problem with that plan, ultimately, is that to be a success and win regular trophies with it you have to have the very best players in the game to execute it when a team like City can and will always pay top dollar for them. Arsenal are finding that out. And though LFC are spenders, they cant compete in that market place, and FSG wont let them anyway.

Slot is destined to fail at Liverpool. They might continue their status as a cup team that they've had for 35 years and nick a domestic trophy, but they aren't going to be a title winning team anytime soon.

I really can't bring myself to read anything about that shower and have absolute zero interest. The charade surrounding them and fully promoted and endorsed by the RS loving media is contrived hogwash tempered to fit the whole RS narrative. You will seldom, if ever, get a true perspective or, certainly, a negative view of what is going on behind the scenes unless a positive spin can be placed on it. Meanwhile, every last item of our dirty washing is aired for all and sundry.
I agree, but that's why it's useful reading some of their less rabid fan pages. You can detect their team's frailties and their own concerns.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back