• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

ECHO Comment: "Fears of Witch-hunt Against Liverpool FC"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aye but he lives in Toxteth or at least since coming to Liverpool did. Well known fact that, and Toxteth is probably one of the roughest areas in the city.

I mean smithdown road, the top half is filled with students and the old type and you go to the bottom half and it is like a shanty town of different races including african/jamacan/polish/turkish etc I used to live there when i was a student so got a pretty good idea of the place.

Point being if you took a cockney and stuck him there, of course he is going to be a prick to make a name for himself. Especially as he isnt exactly reaching the end of his career so to speak. I got bad rep for saying the above but when his liverpool career is over because of another assault charge then it will be down to him falling into the wrong crowds, considering i dont know the lad personally.

Andy Carroll was the same, he was mixed up with gangsters up in Newcastle. Other stories for other days but a Newcastle fan used to tell me all about what went on behind the scenes there.

2+2=152

You're getting confused because he was arrested in Toxteth and seeing a bird from Toxteth. Sterling lived in Woolton. You are aware that the LFC, like most clubs, have whats known as club houses, or digs?? Do you actually think that when RS signed this amazing prospect from QPR they dumped him in Toxteth hahahaha

We've got a better young winger than that lad who's getting all the spotlight! Look at us! Look at us!

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=311497.0

Did anyone else notice how he has really used the graphs to his advantage.

Whenever Sterling does better the vertical axis starts at a non-zero number (e.g. interceptions). This makes the Sterling bar twice as high when his performance is less than 50% better. The most outrageous use is for ‘Pass accuracy’. Sterling does 2.8% better but his bar is more than twice as high.

When Januzaj does better, i.e. ‘Through balls’, he starts from zero on the vertical axis. Januzaj does 50% better and his bar is 50% higher.

As we know there are lies, damn lies and statistics. Or presentation of statistics in this case.

Whenever Sterling does better the vertical axis starts at a non-zero number (e.g. interceptions). This makes the Sterling bar twice as high when his performance is less than 50% better. The most outrageous use is for ‘Pass accuracy’. Sterling does 2.8% better but his bar is more than twice as high.

When Januzaj does better, i.e. ‘Through balls’, he starts from zero on the vertical axis. Januzaj does 50% better and his bar is 50% higher.

As we know there are lies, damn lies and statistics. Or presentation of statistics in this case.

I tend to just ignore the graphs as they are, invariably, absolute mince.

Hahahah great spot.
We're the bitter ones though. They don't care about United because they'll always be a better club than them.

Saw this on the Guardian comments page after the LFC/West Brom game,

You know about the FSG and I have done the research and you have Liverpool fans who don't know anything about them saying I shouldn't criticise them. They essentially take money from a group of rich Americans and invest them in sports. Their aim is to make their money back for their investors, even more so than the Glazers, because it isn't a family running the club. Glazers were just too greedy and took too much profit away from the first team. FSG aim is to make that profit back for their investors. What worries me is people like LeBron James and Brad Pitt are major investors in FSG's Liverpool investment. While they are rich compared to the average man on the street, they aren't that wealthy people compared to the real high rollers, which shows how small-time FSG are.
The problem is Liverpool have been sold well below their true value twice and this attracts Americans who don't really have the funds to manage a club the size of Liverpool. Forget what journalist assume or stupid Internet surveys say, the cold hard numbers shows Liverpool and Man Utd are the two biggest clubs in world football for support base across the 5 continents. Adidas own sales figures showed when they had Liverpool, Liverpool garments were their biggest selling or any team in any sport across the world. This is why Liverpool are signing sponsorship deals that are bigger than most of the Champions League teams, despite not being there for 5 years.
So Liverpool is known in sponsorship circles as being the second biggest brand in soccer behind Man Utd. Yet we have been sold for just £220 Million and £350 Million. To put this into context, Fulham was sold for £200 Million and we are the second biggest team in world football. These low value attracts American chancers who don't really have the money because they are automatically in profit because Liverpool's true value given their global reach is around billion, so could sell for a easy quick profit.
This is why Liverpool is easy money for FSG, because you don't have invest heavily in the team. Sign massive sponsorship contracts with American companies who want to penetrate the Asian market because Liverpool is huge there and European and Asian companies want to sign contracts because Liverpool's exposure in America is big too. As long as Liverpool don't get relegated they will rake in the cash and when they decide to sell Liverpool will be closer to their real value and they have tripled the money in their investment.
There is a lot of nonsense about FSG put a lot of money in Liverpool. Liverpool's debt is just 80 Million and last year Liverpool's income last year was £170 Million. This year Liverpool's income is set to go up by 70%, so you do the math.

For Liverpool to be a successful brand they need Champions League and the exposure it gives for FSG to offload for a profit.

To the tune of Alice, Alice (who the [Poor language removed] is Alice)

Oh, I don't know why they bother
Or what they're gonna do,
I guess they've got their reasons,
But we just don't want to know,
'Cos for twenty-four years
They've been trailing behind United.

Kopites, Kopites, who the feck are Kopites

Twenty-four years just waiting for the Mancs,
To blow the fecking League, never got a second chance,
Now they're pretty much used to not being the English champs..

Kopites, Kopites, who the feck are Kopites

Last edited:
Spending over the last 5 years as shown in DM.....

article-2553796-1B438F5300000578-927_634x436.jpg

Stoke have spent £100m in 5 years. In speechless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back