• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

ECHO Comment: "Fears of Witch-hunt Against Liverpool FC"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can I ask - does anyone on either side genuinely think someone who supports the opposition is worse by dint of their support? It seems that people actually think that, not jest or banter but genuine blind hatred?

I dont hate anyone. I have Red mates and the wife is a reds fan.

I do see hatred from some on either side, I mean real hatred.

I love the banter and will gladly have a pint with any red. I dont think anyone is thick because of who they support, some from all teams are a bit deluded though.

What matters most is that we are the Best, end of (y)

I love the banter and will gladly have a pint with any red. I dont think anyone is thick because of who they support, some from all teams are a bit deluded though.

I'm with you. The delusion is the strangest thing, like someone on RAWK saying 'The Bitters can't even say Liverpool.' And later referred to Everton as BS - that he actually couldn't see it was the exact same thing was bizzare.

And that's that.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/26127641

Fulham's Premier League home game against Liverpool on Wednesday could be called off if a planned London Underground strike goes ahead.

Tube workers intend to start a 48-hour walkout on Tuesday, which could lead to a repeat of last week's travel chaos.

Fulham are worried their safety staff will not be able to attend "in sufficient time and numbers" to ensure Craven Cottage is fully operational.

The club will announce at 15:00 GMT on Tuesday whether the match is on.

Fulham have been in talks with the local authority and the Metropolitan Police and said they are "currently proceeding on the basis that the game will go ahead".

But a Fulham statement added: "The club has concerns over the potential impact that the strike may have on the ability of its safety staff to attend the ground in sufficient time and numbers to ensure that it is able to open the ground and effectively operate it, from the time that the gates are open to the public until the departure of all supporters.

"If the proposed action is still undetermined at 15:00 GMT on Tuesday, and the club cannot guarantee enough staff are available to attend the ground in sufficient time and numbers, then the club would not be able to comply with the terms of its safety certificate and the fixture would be postponed and rescheduled for a future date."

Talks aimed at averting the strike, which has been arranged because of the prospect of redundancies resulting from ticket-office closures, were held on Monday and have been adjourned until Tuesday.

Arsenal expect their match with Manchester United on Wednesday at Emirates Stadium to go ahead as planned.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/26127641

Fulham's Premier League home game against Liverpool on Wednesday could be called off if a planned London Underground strike goes ahead.

Tube workers intend to start a 48-hour walkout on Tuesday, which could lead to a repeat of last week's travel chaos.

Fulham are worried their safety staff will not be able to attend "in sufficient time and numbers" to ensure Craven Cottage is fully operational.

The club will announce at 15:00 GMT on Tuesday whether the match is on.

Fulham have been in talks with the local authority and the Metropolitan Police and said they are "currently proceeding on the basis that the game will go ahead".

But a Fulham statement added: "The club has concerns over the potential impact that the strike may have on the ability of its safety staff to attend the ground in sufficient time and numbers to ensure that it is able to open the ground and effectively operate it, from the time that the gates are open to the public until the departure of all supporters.

"If the proposed action is still undetermined at 15:00 GMT on Tuesday, and the club cannot guarantee enough staff are available to attend the ground in sufficient time and numbers, then the club would not be able to comply with the terms of its safety certificate and the fixture would be postponed and rescheduled for a future date."

Talks aimed at averting the strike, which has been arranged because of the prospect of redundancies resulting from ticket-office closures, were held on Monday and have been adjourned until Tuesday.

Arsenal expect their match with Manchester United on Wednesday at Emirates Stadium to go ahead as planned.

Fella from the anfield wrap was on citytalk this morning saying that the people of the south are a disgrace to humanity if that’s called off.

Fella from the anfield wrap was on citytalk this morning saying that the people of the south are a disgrace to humanity if that’s called off.

Neil Atkinson?

I avoid this program because of him, rather than the subject matter.

I think he's on a massive wind up most of the time, and loves OTT statements like that.

Neil Atkinson?

I avoid this program because of him, rather than the subject matter.

I think he's on a massive wind up most of the time, and loves OTT statements like that.

Yeah, that's him.

I think he can make some really good and valid points sometimes.

He then just ruins it all and loses any credibility when he says something like that.

I lost any slight respect I had for him when he aired his views on the Evra biting the fake arm.

Yeah, that's him.

I think he can make some really good and valid points sometimes.

He then just ruins it all and loses any credibility when he says something like that.

I lost any slight respect I had for him when he aired his views on the Evra biting the fake arm.

The thing is, he's quite knowledgable about football, but has difficulty expressing his points in anything other than RAWK-talk (15 sentences used with no punctuation when a single paragraph would do).

And the statements, the OTT remarks.....

The thing is, he's quite knowledgable about football, but has difficulty expressing his points in anything other than RAWK-talk (15 sentences used with no punctuation when a single paragraph would do).

And the statements, the OTT remarks.....

He's just said on twitter that it's all a joke, anything to get away from a bitter tag ay.

surprised he didn't use the old "fishing" line

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back