Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

ECHO Comment: "Fears of Witch-hunt Against Liverpool FC"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just reading Fever Pitch and saw what we used to chant at them in the 80's when they fielded black players

Made me feel ashamed actually

Sometimes the level of hate is just too much

The hate is back too, as we're seeing. But back then casual and malicious verbal racism was common at all grounds (as it was common in British culture).

Political Correctness is rubbished a lot (fairly when PC really does go mad), but it's done a damn lot of good these last 30 years.

I live in town and its like invasion of the bodysnatchers today, a weapon fest, the diseased on discernible by their red tie up bags, one thing is for certain they weren't about earlier in the season, we get a few extra fans when doing well, but generally it is the same lads about with a few out of towners who want to go to goodison to achieve a life time ambition regardless of how well the club are doing. They piss about town taking photos of any grotty building about, thinking everyone is made up to see them, I've walked in front of as many cameras as possible even crossing the road to do it to a few, pathetic tit that i am

Just reading Fever Pitch and saw what we used to chant at them in the 80's when they fielded black players

Made me feel ashamed actually

Sometimes the level of hate is just too much

Not excusing it, but everyone did back then. One of the funniest (if thats the right word) things I saw was years ago at a Bristol City/Millwall match. Fash the Bash was playing for Millwall.

Someone shouted the N word, and a policeman looked around, said quite loudly, "no more of that thank you lads".

Fash then tried a volley from the half way line. "F me, the N almost scored" shouted a young, Millwall fan. Copper turned around, and it was a young black lad.

Different days. Thank god.

They piss about town taking photos of any grotty building about, thinking everyone is made up to see them, I've walked in front of as many cameras as possible even crossing the road to do it to a few, pathetic tit that i am

Ha Ha Ha. That's ace.

The hate is back too, as we're seeing. But back then casual and malicious verbal racism was common at all grounds (as it was common in British culture).

Political Correctness is rubbished a lot (fairly when PC really does go mad), but it's done a damn lot of good these last 30 years.
It's popular to have a go at political correct liberals, I guess we should allow the top gear brigade to generalise about races and homophobia and woman's rights, and we are all out of order for stomping on the downtrodden middle class white man

It's popular to have a go at political correct liberals, I guess we should allow the top gear brigade to generalise about races and homophobia and woman's rights, and we are all out of order for stomping on the downtrodden middle class white man

The Top Gear brigade are funny! And not malicious...they get a pass from me.

I live in town and its like invasion of the bodysnatchers today, a weapon fest, the diseased on discernible by their red tie up bags, one thing is for certain they weren't about earlier in the season, we get a few extra fans when doing well, but generally it is the same lads about with a few out of towners who want to go to goodison to achieve a life time ambition regardless of how well the club are doing. They piss about town taking photos of any grotty building about, thinking everyone is made up to see them, I've walked in front of as many cameras as possible even crossing the road to do it to a few, pathetic tit that i am

Hahahaha!

Still made me feel bad though

When that book was released, we still didn't have a black player

Amazing really. Kind of glad I missed that part of our history

I am not at all sure you are cut out for the rough and tumble world the football fan inhabits.

Your ignorance on this matter is stupendous.

A good decade and a half or more before "that book was released" EFC was playing a black lid when the likes of Arsenal, United and the RS weren't.

His name was Cliff Marshall..and ten years before him Mike Trebilcock won the Cup for us.

Far from bing "glad" you "missed that part of our history" I suggest you actually try and find out a bit about our history.

A good decade and a half or more before "that book was released" EFC was playing a black lid when the likes of Arsenal, United and the RS weren't.

His name was Cliff Marshall..and ten years before him Mike Trebilcock won the Cup for us.

Far from bing "glad" you "missed that part of our history" I suggest you actually try and find out a bit about our history.

This is the effect that propaganda can have though, upon the non questioning mind.

Still made me feel bad though

When that book was released, we still didn't have a black player

Amazing really. Kind of glad I missed that part of our history

Its a media bull. They ignore cliff marshall and mike trebilcock but will concentrate on the barnes incident all day long. If a kopite ever brings that barnes thing up, remind them that they infact did exactly the same to him on his debut (against arsenal I think, maybe wrong) and said it was a 'scouse introduction' to our humour; I have kopite mates who will openly admit to having large bananas and waving them at him on his debut. But believe me, the kopites will use that all day long.

history is what they want to believe, not what actually happened. Theres nothing to be ashamed of in our history, football was, and still has, racial insults, its a society issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back