• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

ECHO Comment: "Fears of Witch-hunt Against Liverpool FC"

Status
Not open for further replies.
The fuming RS will be handing in their Sky subscriptions, after they did a piece on van Gaal's main rivals and it didn't include LFC. Mind you, they were comparing the trophies won by Mourinho, Wenger, Pellegrini and van Gaal, and that would obviously exclude Brenda as he has only won the same trophy as Phil Brown.

180px-Brendan_Rodgers.jpg

2011 Championship play-off.

Said it before, but I cannot wait for the day when an ex-kopite does an auto-bio and tells of how this, the melwood banners, we go again, etc. all built up too much pressure which they couldn't cope with. Imagine the thick bastards trying to comprehend it was their fault their team failed. Haha

Unfortunately, mainly a young squad so could be waiting for these revelations for some time. I'm certain it will happen though. Was a pressure cooker environment for their players.

The players still have to shoulder some blame though

They should have managed the pressure. They're athletes at the top of their game

Id be worried as a kopite with the gash they're signing for the money.

Ben Davies now.

Agreed. I was concerned about this summer as it was clear they were going to spend obscene amounts and I still wasn't sure how good Rodgers is in the transfer market i.e. would he sign more Allens or more Sturridges? This is an enormously important window for them and I think they're cocking it up so far.

Ben Davies would be a great next addition, for me, as an Evertonian. Swansea would probably push for a good wedge for him too. I don't think he's the quality they need to keep in touch with the top 2.

The fuming RS will be handing in their Sky subscriptions, after they did a piece on van Gaal's main rivals and it didn't include LFC. Mind you, they were comparing the trophies won by Mourinho, Wenger, Pellegrini and van Gaal, and that would obviously exclude Brenda as he has only won the same trophy as Phil Brown.

180px-Brendan_Rodgers.jpg

2011 Championship play-off.

Don't worry, they've got BT Sport to show all their games live when their over here on holiday from Norway.

Agreed. I was concerned about this summer as it was clear they were going to spend obscene amounts and I still wasn't sure how good Rodgers is in the transfer market i.e. would he sign more Allens or more Sturridges? This is an enormously important window for them and I think they're cocking it up so far.

Ben Davies would be a great next addition, for me, as an Evertonian. Swansea would probably push for a good wedge for him too. I don't think he's the quality they need to keep in touch with the top 2.

I've been thinking about us vs. them in the transfer window, although the natural response is to look with envious eyes at the amount of money they're throwing about, I'm not worried. They're being had off left right and centre as every club they buy from knows they're rolling in it right now, we're able to drive hard deals with a straight face. Todgers transfer windows have very poor so far, and this one isn't sending shock-waves through the league despite them selling the most expensive player in the window, I think the common consensus seems to be that he's paying well over the odds for decent players, certainly not world class. I did a back of a fag packet calculation on our common/preferred starting 11 vs. theirs last season.

Howard 3mil - Mignolet 9mil

Coleman 0 - Johnson 18mil

Jagz 4mil - Sahko 15mil

Distin 5mil - Skrtel 6.5

Baines 6mil - Flanagan 0

Mirallas 6mil - Sterling 3mil

Barry 4m - Gerrard 0

McCarthy 13m - Henderson 18mil

Barkley 0 - Coutinho 8.5

Naismith 0 - Sturridge 22mil

Lukaku 2mil - Suarez 12mil

43 million - 112 million

The caveats are that there had to be a bit of guess work over their starting 11 (and ours really, I put Naismith in as I was trying to compare like for like), the price for Lukaku based on salary was a wild guess and the fact that many of the signings were for a former manager (i.e you can't solely blame Todgers or praise Senor Bob).

So they're already clocked in at well over double our spend. Even if you factored in a spend of 20 mill on Lukaku its still about double. Aside from the forwards (purely on Football ability here), there's no one I would swap.

They've lashed 60 million on players who again I wouldn't have as first choice above ours, and their spending may top 100 mill before the window is out, while ours will probably put the squad spend at about 65 (ball park budget for the season seems to be reckoned at 20 odd mill.)

It may be that the end of the season I'll have an omelette face mask, but I'm fully confident that at the start of the season we'd line up our 65 mill against their (potentially) 200 mill and not be envious. We'll have a solid settled squad with a good mix of youth and experience with hopefully a couple of carefully chosen new faces, and they will be absolutely all over the place having lost their plan A, trying to adapt a whole bunch of new players to two leagues.

I've been thinking about us vs. them in the transfer window, although the natural response is to look with envious eyes at the amount of money they're throwing about, I'm not worried. They're being had off left right and centre as every club they buy from knows they're rolling in it right now, we're able to drive hard deals with a straight face. Todgers transfer windows have very poor so far, and this one isn't sending shock-waves through the league despite them selling the most expensive player in the window, I think the common consensus seems to be that he's paying well over the odds for decent players, certainly not world class. I did a back of a [Poor language removed] packet calculation on our common/preferred starting 11 vs. theirs last season.

Howard 3mil - Mignolet 9mil

Coleman 0 - Johnson 18mil

Jagz 4mil - Sahko 15mil

Distin 5mil - Skrtel 6.5

Baines 6mil - Flanagan 0

Mirallas 6mil - Sterling 3mil

Barry 4m - Gerrard 0

McCarthy 13m - Henderson 18mil

Barkley 0 - Coutinho 8.5

Naismith 0 - Sturridge 22mil

Lukaku 2mil - Suarez 12mil

43 million - 112 million

The caveats are that there had to be a bit of guess work over their starting 11 (and ours really, I put Naismith in as I was trying to compare like for like), the price for Lukaku based on salary was a wild guess and the fact that many of the signings were for a former manager (i.e you can't solely blame Todgers or praise Senor Bob).
So they're already clocked in at well over double our spend. Even if you factored in a spend of 20 mill on Lukaku its still about double. Aside from the forwards (purely on Football ability here), there's no one I would swap.
They've lashed 60 million on players who again I wouldn't have as first choice above ours, and their spending may top 100 mill before the window is out, while ours will probably put the squad spend at about 65 (ball park budget for the season seems to be reckoned at 20 odd mill.)
It may be that the end of the season I'll have an omelette face mask, but I'm fully confident that at the start of the season we'd line up our 65 mill against their (potentially) 200 mill and not be envious. We'll have a solid settled squad with a good mix of youth and experience with hopefully a couple of carefully chosen new faces, and they will be absolutely all over the place having lost their plan A, trying to adapt a whole bunch of new players to two leagues.

http://transferleague.co.uk/league-tables/managers-comparisons.html

He's spent £120mil net overall since arriving at the pit (pre-Suarez sale I suspect)
Martinez is roughly minus £17mil

The boy spends serious wedge on a regular basis

Actually, I wouldnt disagree with that. We will see though.

He was desperately unfit during the world cup mate. I watched him a couple of years ago alongside Falcao and he didn't impress much playing as the second striker but last season playing as the main man he was absolutely superb. What he did for Atletico was what Suarez did for Liberpewl last season. Only difference being they won the title at the end of season and not in April. I think he's the perfect fit for the way Chelsea play too and he'll suit the Premiership style.

Yes i have to admit i do get a bit depressed looking at chelsea signing Costa, Fabregas, Luis Arsenal signing Ozil , Khedira & Sanchez. etc etc etc...... and hearing Liverpool dont sign great players we make/sell them" .

But then i remember BR , and how he wants to sign hungry players, players who want to improve and be part of a family. Look at the comments made by every player we have signed in this window.... they are all saying , im eager to improve , i came here to improve , im looking forward to being a part of this family etc etc. You dont see any of that coming from Arsenal's or Chelsea's signing's.

Forget about the big names we missed out on last season, we had no champions league to back us.
All the signings made by other clubs went for Gold , Sanchez so i hear went to arsenal to live in london, but there are reports arsenal were offering an extra 50.000 a week , Costa declared for Spain because Spain has given him everything, the [Poor language removed] has the stones to declare for spain before he plays his first world cup in his country of birth were he lived most his life, [Poor language removed] brazil over , and now a year since he said spain has given him everything , he up's sticks and moves camp to england??? all for the money , all the big name players out there just want a bigger pay packet,

so no , i am not disapointed we didnt get sanchez , the creep is only interested in money and not helping lfc.....
All the players the LFC board have signed are HUNGRY , hungry to go out and show the world what they are capable of and are happy that they get to do it with liverpool and at anfield , and when they truly earn their crust , they will then get their bread off Liverpool.

"bitter bitter bitter bitter, we didn't get the players I wanted, bitter bitter, our players are HUNGRY".

Guys, they're HUNGRY. Why aren't they being fed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back