• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

ECHO Comment: "Fears of Witch-hunt Against Liverpool FC"

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought you guys knew about football. Of course it wasn't a penalty for the following reasons.

1) It was awarded to Everton.
2) It was at Anfield for the away team in a derby.
3) Having so little of possesion means a team is not allowed to score when it does have the ball.

I hope the FA take the only right and just action of sacking the ref, dock Everton 1 point and give Liverpool the 3 points.

They had a chance to hammer us, but poor team selection by Klopp, failure to take their chances (3 shots on target says it all) and a decent defensive performance from us (Excluding Martina) denied it to them and now they've gone into SUPER BITTER MODE as consequence

I love it when their "nice guy" veneer slips, and they're shown for the desperately unpleasant bulbs they truly are

Oh, and Hi RAWK :bye: You all suck

It's just weird. We have one Liverpool fan on a private FB football group who is the only one who thinks it wasn't a penalty. Counter to every other fan of every other persuasion we have (Spurs, Chelsea, Man United, Bristol, Arsenal, Leeds, Blackburn) who otherwise have no dog in the hunt say it was a clear penalty, he just can't see it.

I've noticed there's often some rambling tangent about how it wouldn't have been a penalty back in 1970 or something, and a harkening back to the days when football wasn't so soft, as if they're the protectors of footballing history. A clear push in the back by a beaten defender was a penalty for as long as I can remember

Barnes is so bitter lol

Putting in an audition for Klopp's replacement there John?

I do like to see it when someone has a wobble, they actually do physically wobble. Magnificent. Don't worry John, go to bed, wake up, relax, it won't be so bad, and perhaps you can try and get your head around penalties. And not selecting your best players for an important league fixture because you ran them into the ground in a meaningless mid-week match. Just don't tell Jurgen and let him do the same.

In fact, I can see the same team from Liverpool in the cup fixture. Probably without Coutinho on the bench as he may have left already. I could see a big team come in for Salah too.

Arsenal however missed a trick there. Tottenham and Burnely are baring down on them now... another couple of dodgy moments redmen and you'll be wondering what happened to your season.

Sad Irish man moaning about his beloved reds getting mugged by a dodgy penalty over the way there. Boo hoo. Join a support group with John Barnes and Jurgen ya wet snowflakes.

They call us bitter blues yet it’s their bitterness that has given the Derby a nasty edge now. Been to Anfield loads of times and also watched it in the pub (anything to get away from having to listen to any sky sports commentary/punditry), it’s always the same, when we’re behind they over excessively (and prematurely) taunt us and the Evertonians do nothing, yet if we equalise or go ahead, if any Evertonian dare starts even celebrating their own goals they cannot stand it and trouble immediately starts. Good moments like the Jags volley couldn’t be enjoyed because the atmosphere after was poisonous.

Anything but a Liverpool win is treated with the threat of violence and ultimately that’s because their bitterness runs unbelievably deep.

The only thing that keeps them relevant in today’s game is beating us and when that doesn’t happen then they’ve genuinely got nothing else to play for.

That ‘greatest attack in Europe’ Liverpool team will finish 5th or 6th and trophyless. We’ll finish 7th or 8th after a supposed ‘horror season’. Sniff it you absolute weapons.

I thought you guys knew about football. Of course it wasn't a penalty for the following reasons.

3) Having so little of possesion means a team is not allowed to score when it does have the ball.

I hope the FA take the only right and just action of sacking the ref, dock Everton 1 point and give Liverpool the 3 points.
Have you been on RAWK again?

Just seen one of their finest, Danny Murphy, on MOTD.
He won't be popular amongst their fan base. What an honest and forthright opinion on the penalty. Told it as 99.999% of the free world saw it.

Some RAWK classics

"Having a 'right to go down' for a minimum of contact is an embarrassment to the game." erm .. Stevie G laaar

"Adam Melia that said 57% of Everton fans were Brexiters"

"Penalty was soft. If it wasn’t given I don’t think many would have complained. But I’ve seen softer penalties given in our favour over the years." This guy will get banned.

"but for the dive and the 2 misses we’d have walloped them. Danny Murphy, Shearer and David Thompson are [Poor language removed] thick if they can’t see Calvert conned the ref. "

"Really really bizarre celebration from Everton fans around at the moment. They are genuinely buzzing that they got a draw. Fair enough, be happy as they are a small club coming to a big clubs ground. A point is always great, but they are acting like they just [Poor language removed] up our season and are on their way to glory.

Wasn't a pen, Calvert Lewin pushed himself into Lovren, his hands coming up is a natural reaction from a human when someone does that. Ref's been tricked there.

Klopp shouldn't have give an interview like that, but thats exactly why the media want interviews after the game, so they can catch managers in the heat of the moment. " Lie down dude.

"can you imagine if that had been brave john terry up against suarez and luis fell over like that? the media would want a retrospective ban"

"Makes it much easier for the ref to make such a decision against Lovren with one of the factors being he's likely aware Lovren has been under pressure and great scrutiny lately, so if the penalty happens to be dubious the ref knows he won't get all the flak."

"The monopoly of bitter and clueless ex-pros in the media - in particular the sports television channels - is something to behold. Off the top of my head, I’m struggling to think of any genuinely independent and knowledgeable pundit who regularly broadcasts." HA HA HA HA

"Murphys bitterness towards the club knows no end after Rafael got shot of him, [Poor language removed] him and Shearer, in fact, is there ever anyone on MOTD that has a clue about the sport?"

"I also hope that big sam has that same opinion if it happens to them this season too..." Oooh it hurts

"Salah's goal was Messi esque" A new God at the pit

"The annoying thing about a team like everton "suceeding" with these cowardly tactics (when in reality, they got lucky) is that they will propagate them to the next team and the next" Oh Dear

"We listen to Radio Merseyside on the way home from the game and we have turned it off every time because David Thompson obviously doesn't like Jurgen. He's got some sort of agenda against him." Love it

"I hope we aren’t going to have media help to once again run out a brilliant foreign manager who isn’t scared of said media." This one made me laugh so much that I produced a tiny bit of wee

"sky where willing them to score" What Sky was this you utter bell?

"It doesn't matter what he says as it wasn't a penalty. If that was a penalty then we should have had loads today, considering the way their defenders behaved." This needs a great big smiley face next to it.

"And their hatred for us is no greater than mine for them." we are upset today.

"Lucky, lucky Everton. If they come to Anfield in the cup relying on a ludicrous refereeing decision to get them anything from the game I think they'll be disappointed. " Own Goal winner will please me dude.

"This is what people who are saying it was a penalty are missing. If that’s a penalty where were our penalties for every time someone touched our players in the box? If that’s a penalty we should have had at least a dozen."

"And the ref gave a penalty. An Everton penalty. Everton of Liverpool. Against Liverpool. In Liverpool. A penalty at Anfield of Liverpool. By the Ref. Who gave it to Everton. Of Liverpool." Come on now. What member from here wrote this one?

" I can't believe how many people think thats a pen." Great innit

"Fat Sam’s Brexit Blues... That’s their new name for me, because if ever there was a brexit style of play, that was it." Can he make Polly Tick?

"Gang together against the one that doesn't agree.

Nice work girls.

Christ almighty. Do you really think people on here are going to be insulted by you calling them girls? If anything, I take it as a compliment to my magnificent hairstyle and delicious breasts. And no, you may not touch them." I would buy this guy a pint.

"Have the bitter bastards stopped celebrating that corner yet?" Yep, we moved on to the Pen...Keep up.

"What part of CL jumping into Lovern do you not get" Ho Ho Ho Merry Christmas

let's really stir this up. Let's disallow the Mo Salad Face goal for throwing Cuckoo (come back in May) Martina to the floor like a pair of soiled underpants..

Liverpool 0 Everton 1

Klopp apoplectic after Liverpool spurn 20 chances against Bitter rivals (The Times)

Doh! Mo No Show for Klopp (Sun)

Rodney nets controversial winner for besieged Everton (Grauniad)

lol

I am glad someone else picked up on that point.

Part of his rant seemed to be about how unfair it was for a team which had hardly attacked during a game being awarded a penalty just because one of their men was fouled in the box :Blink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back