Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

ECHO Comment: "Fears of Witch-hunt Against Liverpool FC"

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be fair, I will always criticise our fans when I believe it is necessary and I have heard sick Munich chants and Shipman songs from our lot repeatedly at Old Trafford and the Etihad so we're not angels ourselves in that regard. And not just one or two, a vocal minority.

But making up false claims about Hillsborough is just disgraceful from them. I had mistakenly thought yesterday that this picture going round on Twitter with one of ours (scum) from a previous Anfield derby covering his face was from Friday, but it's genuinely the only proof I have seen and is apparently from years ago. That's not excusing him but they can't possibly use that one isolated incident to peddle these lies, except they genuinely do! I've noticed that along with that picture though, they're backing up their lies by then posting numerous pictures of lads doing the wall pushing gesture (I have witnessed loads doing that myself), which is in reference to Heysel, not Hillsborough. They then mention that the Always the Victim song is 100% about Hillsborough (how they can prove that is beyond me since they don't support us as well) and then their little lie is made real to their fanbase.

Thing is, who do they think they are in claiming we'd disrespect that tragedy... I had family at Hillsborough, so aside from the fact that it would be a horrific thing to mock anyway, why on earth would I or any of us in a similar position sing about it? Even worse is that loads who are probably claiming this, have no more connection to the tragedy than the many Evertonians who knew people there that day. It affected mixed families just as much as all red ones so it's ridiculous that they try and make these widespread accusations every time as if Evertonians would just happily go along with it or stand by while other Everton fans mocked it.

I really hope I phrase this sensitively but one thing I hate is how Liverpool football club have "used" Hillsborough these last few years. Those who lived through it will remember that it went way, way beyond football and devestated Mersyside as a whole. Evertonians and non football fans were affected by the disaster, yet Liverpool the club seem to talk like it was exclusive to them these days. I found some of the "thanking" for the support in recent years of Everton whilst sincere, a little patronising in some ways. I'm probably not explaining or expressing myself well here.

I don't think for a second an Everton fan, old enough to know better, would use Hillsborough as a way to wind Liverpool up. "The always the victim" was to do with Suarez and the majority of Liverpool fans know this. How they knowingly tagged Hillsborough on to it was to me sickening.

There was a lad who lived round the corner from me who never came back from Hillsborough. I didn't know him, (he was mates with a mate) but he was from a mix of red and blue. That was Hillsborough for me. It hurt everyone.

Emre Can binning them of as well to go to Juventus on a free.

Something is rotten in the state of Norway!

You would have to say Salah and Mane are low hanging fruit for the next round.

They're nothing more than a feeder club for the big teams nowadays

They're nervous now we have Moshi, and will be absolutely bricking it when we replace Sam with a coach who will bop Deirdre right down

They're nothing more than a feeder club for the big teams nowadays

They're nervous now we have Moshi, and will be absolutely bricking it when we replace Sam with a coach who will bop Deirdre right down

We all are to some extent, but it is a bit of land for them, they seem to be moving deck chairs around more then the other champions league clubs and as such they wont progress and will regress as they wont pick a plumb every time, i mean what will they do if Southampton get relegated. The days of Slippy G staying there his whole career and relying on him are over. The players are looking to actively leave, Couthino paying part of his transfer fee and Cann rising his skirt to Juve.

Their players also seem unhappy with their situation there, something is obviously a miss. I think they will struggle to keep Salah this summer and Mane who i rate almost as highly.

Something definitely is rotten in the state of Norway.

Rip Phab Four.

Last edited:

So the Army of R-Speedos have been rifling through a 15 year-old's chat and discovered he used inflammatory language.. have we discovered yet who Mason was abusing and whether he was himself targetted (for being black, being a Barnsley junior footballer etc etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back