Votes: 121 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 94 38.8%
  • Cheese on toast

Votes: 27 11.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t think that is as important a factor. When you break things down, in each league there are only usually 2 trophies to be won every year (3 in the pl i know), and 2 European trophies, there usually 18-20 teams in each league. 9 times out of 10, the teams with the most resources, most money, win the most trophies, it is what it is, in every league. But there are more good coaches around than there are teams with the rescources to allow them to win. Yes occasionally the underdog wins, but not so often.

I look at my own’s team’s quest for a new head trainer, there is probably only 3 coaches currently working in Germany I would like to see them go for in the summer, Niko Kovac, Heikko Herrlich and Julian Nagelsmann, they have won a grand total of 0 trophies between them.

Plus it’s more important to get the upper structure of the club organized first, otherwise it doesn’t matter who the coach is.

Sweet Devine mother of Jesus.

That was a great post.

We could get Pep in here and with the structure we have we would be fighting a relegation battle.

I personally think a manager who wins trophies says a lot.

And the managers you mentioned, why did Bayern not go for them if they are good?

I think Bayern will be going for our old coach in the summer, who has won 1 trophy.

As for why they didn't go for the others, maybe they will go for Nagelsmann one day, I think they dont believe him experienced enough yet, especially in Europe, same for Herrlich. Although Herrlich is probably just my fantasy, cos he's only coached 1 season at the top level, i just love the football he coaches.

Yes trophies are great, but I stand by the suggestion that there are more good coaches around in the top leagues than there are trophies they can win in those leagues.

Plus it’s more important to get the upper structure of the club organized first, otherwise it doesn’t matter who the coach is.
That's a big factor, I aggree. What I would like to see is a new Director of Football alongside Howe with a clear long term vision of the club.

If the players wouldn't listen to Koeman or Allardyce, who are both very strong, demanding characters, how would they take any notice at all of Howe, who I think is a decent manager.

Seems a really nice guy, guess its a case of until he steps up we wont know how good he is. A friend of mine said he reminds him of martinez, great attacking but defensively suspect.

I would prefer someone who is a bit more seasoned, and has won trophies consistently.
He's a totally different character to his media persona.

I wouldn't be against this sort of appointment, we seem to have abandoned the practice of appointing promising younger managers looking for a bigger chance in the game. The sooner we return to being the Everton I remember the better. Not that it matters who manages us while the same inept pillocks are running the club.

I like Howe and mentioned his name as an ideal candidate after Koeman left but we got a fat headed mutant instead.

If money is no object which Moshiri has said on several occasions ... then we should go all out for Paulo Fonsesca.

He has his team level on points with the worst Everton side in the history of football.

Its a no from me.
Conte was relegated from a 2nd tier in Italy and sacked by Bari.

Simeone had win percentage on 38% at Catania.

There are many more examples. Do you think Guardiola would take Bournemouth to the Champions League?

Status
Not open for further replies.