EFC Players Out On Loan 2021-22

Status
Not open for further replies.

Short twitter thread of 'Les Rouches' (Standard Liège) fans on Nkounkou, who all seem to be in general agreement that they rate him, that he has talent, and that he's ultimately done well and shown character as a 21-year-old, coming into a club in freefall and putting together consistent performances.

I know it's probably false hope, but if he can kick on in the second half of the season and come back to Finch Farm and stake a claim for a squad number for next season, then he could give Benitez a good second option (depending on the system and opposition) as a more attack-minded full-back compared to Mykolenko

Short twitter thread of 'Les Rouches' (Standard Liège) fans on Nkounkou, who all seem to be in general agreement that they rate him, that he has talent, and that he's ultimately done well and shown character as a 21-year-old, coming into a club in freefall and putting together consistent performances.

I know it's probably false hope, but if he can kick on in the second half of the season and come back to Finch Farm and stake a claim for a squad number for next season, then he could give Benitez a good second option (depending on the system and opposition) as a more attack-minded full-back compared to Mykolenko

TBF I really liked what he did last season - Carlo was not fair with him

TBF I really liked what he did last season - Carlo was not fair with him
Yeah agreed, I thought he was unfairly dropped after the Newcastle game given he had no winger in front of him and 5 central-midfielders. He struck up a great partnership and understanding with Gordon in the EFL Cup on a couple of occasions, so I'd personally be happy for those two to be our back up options down the left next year.

We seem to have had a ridiculous number of catastrophic injuries to players on loan. Nathan Broadhead was doing really well and now is out for at least three months.

As a club, we have had incredibly bad luck with injurges.

Just to confirm I am not Nkounkou's agent (je vous jure), but I saw this on twitter so thought I'd drop it in here. His power and physical attributes are on a different level, surely he can still be moulded into a full back having only just turned 21?

Should slot in as a rotation option for Mykolenko next season.

Has a lot of tools for Lampard to work with...i think his contract only has another season on it.

Hopefully hes back in preseason and its extended.

Has a lot of tools for Lampard to work with...i think his contract only has another season on it.

….I recall when we were after Zouma shortly after Lampard joined Chelsea but he insisted on assessing their loanees in pre-season rather than let them leave.

i have to say, I’m concerned with what I’ve seen of Mykolenko, a change of manager might open the door for Nkounkou.

Since I posted a few times about him, it seems he got his tail up about potentially moving back to Everton once Digne was sold, and now a good few fans are saying he should leave if he doesn't want to be there. Clearly got good physical attributes for a wing-back or even perhaps winger, but he would certainly have to cut out the errors to make it in a back-four in the PL

Since I posted a few times about him, it seems he got his tail up about potentially moving back to Everton once Digne was sold, and now a good few fans are saying he should leave if he doesn't want to be there. Clearly got good physical attributes for a wing-back or even perhaps winger, but he would certainly have to cut out the errors to make it in a back-four in the PL

Have we seen a lot of errors? We barely got chance to see him. Has the best cross in the club.

….I recall when we were after Zouma shortly after Lampard joined Chelsea but he insisted on assessing their loanees in pre-season rather than let them leave.

i have to say, I’m concerned with what I’ve seen of Mykolenko, a change of manager might open the door for Nkounkou.

Are you concerned for other players when they come back and start preseason?

He needs a full preseason under Lampard really could benefit from an attacking style.

Have we seen a lot of errors? We barely got chance to see him. Has the best cross in the club.
Errors for Liège - 'one fantastic game followed by three or four shocking performances' is how one fan put it, given his *supposed* inability to defend.

The more positive fans at least see him playing a more advanced role for them, but I guess we'll just have to see what he's like in pre-season next year without forming too many judgments - these loans are learning experiences first and foremost I suppose.

Status
Not open for further replies.