EFC Share

"Time in the market beats timing the market".
Invest consistently over the long term, don't worry about dips and peaks and let compound interest do its thing.

Sure you have day traders and the like who'll try to time and capatilise on short time changes but that's their raison d'être, it requires a full-time commitment and no shortage of talent for predicting the market. Folk like me (the vast majority) who are just looking to retire comfortably pick a few favourite funds and play the long game (decades worth). I only started a few months ago but learned very quickly to respect where my level is.
How many shares should we buy when Everton dips to 400?

"Time in the market beats timing the market".
Invest consistently over the long term, don't worry about dips and peaks and let compound interest do its thing.

Sure you have day traders and the like who'll try to time and capatilise on short time changes but that's their raison d'être, it requires a full-time commitment and no shortage of talent for predicting the market. Folk like me (the vast majority) who are just looking to retire comfortably pick a few favourite funds and play the long game (decades worth). I only started a few months ago but learned very quickly to respect where my level is.

This isn't a pension fund investment though.

The crumbs that fall off Damo's plate mate.

All of them.

You're the one comparing this to a pension fund investment.

Neither's my Stocks & shares ISA.

It was you who who mentioned the broad term 'Investing' whilst belittling another poster with factually incorrect statements; I was just merely pointing out where you'd went wrong.

As you were.

No it's very much - as you were

What factually incorrect statements? You're the one going on about your stocks and shares ISA when this is about Everton Football Club Company, Limited - shares 🤷‍♂️

Erm, yes you do, especially with things like Index Funds as if you're consistently investing as you should be then buying during dips will bring down your average paid.

This is about a single company's shares. Not indexed funds. 🤷‍♂️

No it's very much - as you were

What factually incorrect statements? You're the one going on about your stocks and shares ISA when this is about Everton Football Club Company, Limited - shares 🤷‍♂️

This is about a single company's shares. Not indexed funds. 🤷‍♂️

Your statement was that in 'investing' you never buy when they're "overvalued", I pointed out why that's wrong.
You can try to twist out of it any way you want and reach out to Google for help, what you said, whilst once again talking down to another blue was wrong.

You can have the last word, Damo.
I'm off.

Your statement was that in 'investing' you never buy when they're "overvalued", I pointed out why that's wrong.
You can try to twist out of it any way you want and reach out to Google for help, what you said, whilst once again talking down to another blue was wrong.

You can have the last word, Damo.
I'm off.

You wouldn't buy a loaf of bread if it was priced x10 what it's worth.

It's no different here. I'm afraid.

"as you were", indeed.

I disagree. The share price values the club at around 400m.

I think that's a fair price for a PL club with a new Stadium.

The debts of course are an issue and for that reason I have no interest in purchasing any shares in Everton.

The club's own accounts in the past two years and the auditors thereof, raise the "going concern" issue. Without shareholder guarantees.

Plus we've just had a new potential majority shareholder walk away due to potential liability issues re: a major creditor to the club (with short term loans)

Thats how crazy those prices are and until things are clarified, at those prices I'm not buying EFC Shares.

Until the price reflects reality.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back