2021/22 Ellis Simms

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mate who is a Hearts fans says he still maybe needs to add a big of quality and composure to be a consistently great striker, but when it clicks he’s a defender’s nightmare: built like a tank but quick and looks to make good runs off the shoulder. This loan has been great for him and with a bit more experience and consistency I think he has a real future for us.

Good goal and hope it works out for him but as I just said in the youth team thread, I think his level is below PL standard and if we stay up, it will be in his best interests to stay there or find somewhere else.

A great game from Simms , deserved his MoM award and a cracking goal. Not ready to start for us yet but every season he’s improving slowly. Maybe he’s 16 months away from being a squad player for us , maybe he’ll never get there but when I look back at the money wasted in fees and wages on the likes of Niasse, Tosun and Rondon he’s hardly likely to give a worse payback than them.

A great game from Simms , deserved his MoM award and a cracking goal. Not ready to start for us yet but every season he’s improving slowly. Maybe he’s 16 months away from being a squad player for us , maybe he’ll never get there but when I look back at the money wasted in fees and wages on the likes of Niasse, Tosun and Rondon he’s hardly likely to give a worse payback than them.

I'd already have him as a squad player for us, offers more than rondon

I'd already have him as a squad player for us, offers more than rondon

Was about to say...surely can be a 3rd choice going forward?

Move Rondon out and bring in a new player + Simms ?

Worst case he will generate a modest fee with add-ons. Best case he is a cheaper third striker option than Rondon, Tosun etc. He’s a bit short on pace and touch to be a good PL player but he has the heart and desire to fashion a solid career.

Status
Not open for further replies.