2021/22 Ellis Simms

Status
Not open for further replies.
…I’d be surprised if Lampard doesn’t have a good look at Simms in pre-season. Remember when he took over at Chelsea & he refused to sell Zouma without evaluating him first.

Reactions: gmb
Why is it pointless?
Who is it pointless for?

….the lad has had two loan spells, another season eats into his contract. It comes to a point where you have to make a decision. Simms is already a more effective option than Rondon, so what is the point of sending him on loan?

if we bring a central striker in, then we might as well sell him but if we don’t then it leaves Rondon as back-up to DCL.

Regular posters know, i’m not a fan of loans anyway but Simms has certainly put himself into contention.

….the lad has had two loan spells, another season eats into his contract. It comes to a point where you have to make a decision. Simms is already a more effective option than Rondon, so what is the point of sending him on loan?

if we bring a central striker in, then we might as well sell him but if we don’t then it leaves Rondon as back-up to DCL.

Regular posters know, i’m not a fan of loans anyway but Simms has certainly put himself into contention.
Agree entirely.

Also five subs next season

Hearts want to buy him I think

I'm not sure that record on loan demands he's given a go though.

No rush , he’s contracted until 2024. If he is on loan and avoids injuries he’ll likely improve and score more goals next season and be worth more money then . There’s little downside for us keeping him another year.

….he’s better than Rondon.

He's a better finisher than DCL...

Tammy Abraham under Lampard and now under Mourinho seems to be told not to leave the central 'zone'. Whst I mean is that hes played in a similar way to how Ancelotti told DCL to stay central, get in the box close to goal at all times like a poacher.

I wonder if Lampard will tell DCL the same and with Simms being a similar profile it seems it could suit the two of them...big, strong, scores goals...perhaps he'd be a good backup option.

Definitely prefer him to Rondon just based on highlights and the discrepancy with wages must be huge.

Sell Rondon. Let Simms plays as the third striker.

Sell Rondon. Let Simms plays as the third striker.
Makes perfect sense to me, just I guess it'll be a loan for Rondon as per the rest of our reject signings in the past half decade. I think Simms has done enough to deserve a season in the squad, not much more he could have done in Scotland to show he's worth putting a bit of faith in. Not a starter, obviously, but could be a very useful squad player. Heck, if he'd have been here since Christmas he'd no doubt have netted a few and we wouldn't have taken relegation down to the penultimate day.

Forget about Ellis and our first team squad next season, he’s a long way to go. You’re just setting yourself and the lad up for disappointment.

Watch Hearts every week and he did well but that’s it. He didn’t stand out as a level above or someone too good to be playing in the SPL.

Best for him is another loan to see if he can push on and work on the rough parts of his game.

Status
Not open for further replies.