2022/23 Ellis Simms

Status
Not open for further replies.
They're Liverpool though and we're Everton. There's a massive difference if you're deemed to have 'made it' at Anfield vs Goodison Park. We usually let £40m signings leave on free transfers as we're unable to sell players. Fully expect Simms to be am unwanted part of the league squad come August.
A goal scorer is a goal scorer though mate, and he’s proven he can bag a few at that level. That’s worth something no matter which club you are. Of course if he was a Liverpool youngster he’d be £20m, but for us he’s only about £7m.

A goal scorer is a goal scorer though mate, and he’s proven he can bag a few at that level. That’s worth something no matter which club you are. Of course if he was a Liverpool youngster he’d be £20m, but for us he’s only about £7m.

It's crazy mate, remember Solanke as well?

I think it doesn't help that we're crap atm, back whjen we were good we were able to flog Rodwell for 17 mil, and 17 mil in 2012 was probably the equivalent of 30 mil in today's market.

They're Liverpool though and we're Everton. There's a massive difference if you're deemed to have 'made it' at Anfield vs Goodison Park. We usually let £40m signings leave on free transfers as we're unable to sell players. Fully expect Simms to be am unwanted part of the league squad come August.

They also paid 6 or 7m for Solanke, paid Chelsea 20% of the sale, and in all honesty have about half paid on bonuses that will never be met.

I'd go the other way and say it's actually the most important. A lot of where we are now is because we haven't paid attention to what age means for our ability to build depth and have cash come into the club. We can't save ourselves from the yearly survival fight until we figure that piece of it out.
We need younger players for the long game. I'm just thinking more about this season. Get quality then worry about youthful players later is my thoughts. If we do find a good young player now though, it defo wouldn't be a bad thing

what happened to it was done last week by Toffeenut ? Clearly everyone jumped the gun when he was spotted there. Maybe just went for talks, but also to other teams

The fact that we're talking about bringing in £7m for a striker who has scored once for us in the league goes to show how silly football is.
22 and done well wherever he's gone, 7mill in this market is a good deal.

His only starts for Everton have come away at anfield, stamford bridge and old trafford.

Showed he can score at Championship level, 7 goals in 17 games is a very respectable number, I don't know how that translates to minutes played. If the Swedish lad is going for £18m Simms is surely worth at least £10m especially if a few teams are interested, bidding war.

He has shown he can score goals as he has done on all his loans and steadily increased the level he has been at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back