Transfer Rumour Emmanuel Dennis

Status
Not open for further replies.
From a Watford forum
"Even if we had a chance to keep Dennis for the upcoming season he should be moved on. The bloke has talent but his demeanour and attitude are pitiful. We need a team/squad who are united and in it together, not just for themselves.
Get him and Sarr gone."
You could argue the same thing about Richarlison though

From a Watford forum
"Even if we had a chance to keep Dennis for the upcoming season he should be moved on. The bloke has talent but his demeanour and attitude are pitiful. We need a team/squad who are united and in it together, not just for themselves.
Get him and Sarr gone."

Honestly I am not sure is it a red flag for them to say that about one of their better players last season. I hope it's just one of those "my team got relegated, so I'm blaming the players" situation. I think we would be the same if we were in their position.

Not sure if we would go for him but I think he's one of the cheaper options available and at 24, it could be a decent move but I don't think he could replace Richarlison's tenacity. But if he bang in at least 10 goals for us, doesn't really matter does it.

You could argue the same thing about Richarlison though
Think posters on Watford forums are referring to his effect on the rest of the squad. Richarlison always appeared to be popular with his teammates and we could never doubt his commitment.

….I wouldn’t.
Why not?
Yes we know we worked hard but you cannot deny he had selfish traits

Wanting to take penalties, sometimes even making a fuss about it

Taking free kicks even though he's never scored one in his life

Taking shots on when it's either never going to get through or ballooning it into the crowd

Honestly don't know why people think the sun shines out of his hoop

Was a decent player for us, not without his faults and that's it

Honestly I am not sure is it a red flag for them to say that about one of their better players last season. I hope it's just one of those "my team got relegated, so I'm blaming the players" situation. I think we would be the same if we were in their position.

Not sure if we would go for him but I think he's one of the cheaper options available and at 24, it could be a decent move but I don't think he could replace Richarlison's tenacity. But if he bang in at least 10 goals for us, doesn't really matter does it.
Don't know how often he's been in the Nigerian squad with Iwobi but maybe he could give Lampard some background information on his attitude.

Why not?
Yes we know we worked hard but you cannot deny he had selfish traits

Wanting to take penalties, sometimes even making a fuss about it

Taking free kicks even though he's never scored one in his life

Taking shots on when it's either never going to get through or ballooning it into the crowd

Honestly don't know why people think the sun shines out of his hoop

Was a decent player for us, not without his faults and that's it

….I wouldn’t question Richarlison’s commitment to the Everton cause.

As was mentioned earlier, his stats are actually better than Richarlison's. Even in the number of defensive tackles made. I wonder if it's just that we see what we want to see; we saw RIcharlison running around like mad, looking like he'd die for us and holding up flares and think he's a god, the Watford fans saw Dennis shrug his shoulders occasionally and not pass to Elton John or something, and think he's a trouble-maker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back