Transfer Rumour Emmanuel Dennis

Status
Not open for further replies.

He did, but like I said in a different post.

One was a 19 year old who had never stepped foot in Europe and was seen a massive coup

The other has failed massively in Belgium and Germany and been called out by a former manager for having an awful attitude
To be honest I don’t know him, but I do remember when Richarlison signed, he was considered a half a season player.

To be honest I don’t know him, but I do remember when Richarlison signed, he was considered a half a season player.
He was indeed. I instantly get cold shivers when read articles about players having very poor attitudes, mainly because of how delicate our squad is.

With Denis, I mean he looked ok in some games but like a pub player in others. He reminded me like Doucoure, who can go from brilliant to garbage in the space of an hour.

The annoying thing is that the club should have been planning for Richarlison, DCL and Pickford going in the summer and had people lined up.

He was indeed. I instantly get cold shivers when read articles about players having very poor attitudes, mainly because of how delicate our squad is.

With Denis, I mean he looked ok in some games but like a pub player in others. He reminded me like Doucoure, who can go from brilliant to garbage in the space of an hour.

The annoying thing is that the club should have been planning for Richarlison, DCL and Pickford going in the summer and had people lined up.
To be fair, I’m sure they have been doing nothing else but planning. However, they haven’t been able to do anything until the fee for Richarlison was agreed.

It’s clear they are trying to get some free transfers in which indicates a very tight budget. The targets we spend actual money on will probably depend on which spots we can fill with free transfers.

I'd rather not sign him because 18m or whatever it is can buy players with more potential and we've got a reasonable set of players in his positions already. But it isn't the worst thing we could do either.

I know the Eurocentric worldview is going to kick in here but that was supremely messed up of Watford and frankly I don't blame him for letting it effect him.
I actually agree with you on that one. I personally don’t give a damn about international football but for most nations, representing their country is what their career is all about and Nigeria is one such proud nation.
Part of the reason Richy loved us and stayed two seasons longer than he really wanted was because we allowed him to represent Brazil twice in one summer and he came back fully fit and scored and assisted first game of the season.
If we hadn’t, maybe he wouldn’t have cared so much and got the arse on like Dennis did.

I don't mind this one tbh, the fee isn't crazy if the numbers banded about are remotely accurate. Only saw him against us and he was a threat. There's plenty of upside in this so if we do go for it can definitely see the logic. Lingard on the other hand, especially when we already have Dele, doesn't make sense to me.

Watfords twitter ITK / mouthpiece trying to sell him.

I did enjoy this part:

Regarding Dennis’ style of play — he’s a forward which we all know, but he doesn’t have a set position. He operates mainly centrally,

@MikelsGoat @Marius57

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back