• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

England fans

As a hypocrite (I mean we are all hypocrites, it comes with the package of being a football fan :)) England fan, I can confirm that I have always loved Pickford and will never love Alexander-Arnold. He scored the decisive penalty, but he is still a myth of a footballer.

I have a respect for Southgate, he has instilled a team mentality. I am all for am pragmatic style of football as well, but this tournament he has taken it to a new level, especially considering the attacking options he has in the squad.

However, we are in another semi-final, so if this is the way to win it then so be it.
Imagine if he's just holding back not to give away any secrets then we turn up and blow the French away in the final

I spotted that during the match. I knew immediately out was a Manx three legged flag
Bloody idiot to think it was racist :)
I recall an article in a national newspaper some years back where they did some undercover reporting at football match. Was a Brighton game at Millwall in 2004. The reporter was trying to find racist behaviour and accused the Brighton fans of singing sieg heil and doing nazi salutes. Turns out they were first pumping while singing seagulls. 😂

Horrible and amusing to see how "football fans" (like one friend of mine whos not into football at all) have this inbuild thought of English fans. "I dont want them to win because their fans are so crazy".... 🤷‍♂️ so tiresome.

See the mass hypocrite ingurlund fans are all loving Pickford and TAA again, and Southgate for that matter. Tiresome.
I live down south and nobody loves Southgate, 90% of fans have loved Pickford since he proved himself big time at the last euros and everyone thinks it’s mad TAA has played any minutes except for maybe a quarter of fans who would have him right back.

From what I've heard england fans have been great. Think apart from a few incidents the tournament has been great from all supporters.. just a big party..
I was in Düsseldorf and we had the usual, embarrassing Ten German bombers song that was consigned to one part of town from England’s MENSA section but apart from that it was a very good atmosphere with fans from England, Germany, Holland, Turkey and Switzerland mingling together nicely.

Dutch fans are great tbf and I’d hope they win the tournament if they beat us on Wednesday.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back