Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

England Games/Fans

England

• Englano

• Englaye

• Scouse

• Johnny Foreigner

Results are only viewable after voting.
Who knows maybe that system will come good after a few games of the players getting to know it. But I can’t help feel that a team just needs balance.

Spain in the euros were perfectly balanced. 2 proper CMs who were good with and without the ball. 2 proper wingers, 1 number 10 and 1 CF. Meanwhile we’re just concerned with trying to fit all the names in.

But only the nations league, so not bad to try out new things imo

Southgate became a 'national treasure" for beating San Marino and similar in group stages.

No he didn't. his pragmatic style saw England reach the latter stages of more tournaments than any of his predecessors but aside from his early waistcoat days he was never revered by the media, certainly not to "national treasure" status.

No he didn't. his pragmatic style saw England reach the latter stages of more tournaments than any of his predecessors but aside from his early waistcoat days he was never revered by the media, certainly not to "national treasure" status.
Watched every game for England for decades, it took round 3 games in, under Southgate and switched off, pragmatically boring. Still now it took until 39th minute that I remembered to switch on, turned off when they scored. Just dont see England players having the collective responsibility to be winners.

I was disappointed there last night.

It looked like square pegs in round holes. You need a balance of players, and for me, the gung ho approach against a side who was inevitably going to sit back and counter was bewildering.

I've been a pro-Carsley advocate for a while, but that was suicide that yesterday.

Perhaps England fans are the problem?
Or the hierarchy appointing complete duds, yes men.

There seems little thought behind going after a manager who can actually have England play properly.

I’m not saying England are world beaters, I think we are hugely overrated with the players we have.

But time and again it seems we appoint managers who have no idea how to get the best out of the players. Which in turn means the fans are not very nice, well those that seem to care about England as a footballing force.

Or the hierarchy appointing complete duds, yes men.

There seems little thought behind going after a manager who can actually have England play properly.

I’m not saying England are world beaters, I think we are hugely overrated with the players we have.

But time and again it seems we appoint managers who have no idea how to get the best out of the players. Which in turn means the fans are not very nice, well those that seem to care about England as a footballing force.

There’s been a succession of different managers and many top talent and not one of them has been able to turn it around. That suggests there’s a deeper problem that pervades. I think it’s the hysteria prone entitled fans who agitate constantly, putting pressure on team and manager that it can’t handle.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back