• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Euro Semi finals - ENG V NL; SPA v FRA

2 complete toss up matches
I think so too.

I believe in Spain as the overwhelming favourites, but if the French find form at the right time I wouldn't be surprised either.

In the other game, Holland just seem to me to be a confident team prepared to create a lot of chances. England will be just favourites, but they've rode their luck and I think it runs out on Wednesday.

So, as expected, England continue their march to the final in the manner of a constipated middle-aged man straining to move a bowel.

Switzerland were never going to make that semi-final. It was too big for them.

The Dutch won't be quite the same pushover, but they're not all that either. So, only England can stop England making the final. That should either console or worry English people depending on your disposition.

So, as expected, England continue their march to the final in the manner of a constipated middle-aged man straining to move a bowel.

Switzerland were never going to make that semi-final. It was too big for them.

The Dutch won't be quite the same pushover, but they're not all that either. So, only England can stop England making the final. That should either console or worry English people depending on your disposition.
Winner comes from the other SF in any case.

It just does.

And France will likely find a way to crush that Spanish team's spirit. Spain have too many absentees for this one, and the old hands will find a way to the inevitable showdown with England.

I repeat: nobody is playing well enough to be hot favourites for this tournament. France have a better squad than England and the best player in the world - but you wouldn't really know it based on performances so far. But you would think Mbappe is going to have an impact at some point...

It just does.
I think England will beat Spain personally. Teams are getting chances against them, just not taking them. If Havertz was more cut throat Germany would be in the semi.

France would out think England in the final though

It just does.
Well, the top half was always likely to produce the champion - but the downside of coming out of that half is you might not come out with the full complement. Look at Spain. They might have eliminated their biggest rivals in Germany, but they've lost half a team for the match with France. Spain - like England - won their group, but, unlike England, had no luck for it. That kind of thing catches up with you. That's why England have a real chance. A difficult but doable match with a moderate Dutch side and then a final against France or Spain - either of whom may be weaker by the time they get there.

It's coming home.

I couldn't believe that fat headed Koeman was leaving Dumfries on the pitch late in the game. A card away from missing the SF and they are heavily reliant on him on that right side to get up and down the pitch.

That's a bonus for the Dutch that he plays on Wednesday.

I think England will beat Spain personally. Teams are getting chances against them, just not taking them. If Havertz was more cut throat Germany would be in the semi.

France would out think England in the final though
I wouldnt blink an eye if any of these teams won. Obviously we think of England as being serial bottlers and they they wont do it like.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back