Europa League 2014-15 ( incl. Ticket / Travel Info ).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, i think we now need three teams who are above us to lose, the realistic ones are

Metalist - Home to Ruch Chorzow, with the score at 0-0, 5pm KO
PAOK Salonika - Home to Zimbru Chisinau, 1-0 down after the first leg, 5.15KO
Lyon - Away to Astra Ploiesti - 2-1 down after the first leg, 5:45KO
Dnipro Dnepropetrovsk - away to Hajduk Split, lead 2-1 after first leg, 6pm Ko
PSV Eindhoven - away to Shakhtyor Soligorsk, lead 1-0 after first leg, 6pm KO
FC Twente - home to Qarabag, 0-0 after first leg, 6pm KO
Sparta Prague, Home to PEC Zwolle, 1-1 after first leg, 7:30KO

We'd need three of those to go out, for us to be in pot two, which depending how you look at it, may be a good or a bad thing.

Panathinaikos, Borussia Moenchengladbach, Inter Milan, Spurs, Villarreal, Club Brugge should all go through imo.

Looks like it's nailed. Pot 3

Yeah, i think we now need three teams who are above us to lose, the realistic ones are

Metalist - Home to Ruch Chorzow, with the score at 0-0, 5pm KO
PAOK Salonika - Home to Zimbru Chisinau, 1-0 down after the first leg, 5.15KO
Lyon - Away to Astra Ploiesti - 2-1 down after the first leg, 5:45KO
Dnipro Dnepropetrovsk - away to Hajduk Split, lead 2-1 after first leg, 6pm Ko
PSV Eindhoven - away to Shakhtyor Soligorsk, lead 1-0 after first leg, 6pm KO
FC Twente - home to Qarabag, 0-0 after first leg, 6pm KO
Sparta Prague, Home to PEC Zwolle, 1-1 after first leg, 7:30KO

We'd need three of those to go out, for us to be in pot two, which depending how you look at it, may be a good or a bad thing.

Panathinaikos, Borussia Moenchengladbach, Inter Milan, Spurs, Villarreal, Club Brugge should all go through imo.
Why a bad thing mate, any good teams in pot three?

Why a bad thing mate, any good teams in pot three?

No i think it could be 'better', obviously the list still has to be defined properly but at the end of the day, for the fans, the lure of Belgium, Germany is huge, and well, if we're in pot two, we have less chance of a 'boss' away, and the likes of Borussia Moenchengladbach, Wolfsburg, Club Brugge, Copenhagen, Celtic and Lille are replaced by the likes of Sheriff Tiraspol, Maccabi Tel-Aviv and Lokomotiv Moscow.
Obviously the other side to this is we could of course face a killer group like Inter/Napoli, Wolfsburg and Saint-Étienne, which i'd say is a very hard group. Red Bull Salzburg, Celtic and Rio Ave, which would be easily winnable.

Worst case scenario leaves us 3 places off pot 2.
We need 3 teams with better coefficients to bomb out tonight. Unfortunately out of the 5 ties that are our best hope 4 of the teams that we would need to lose are playing at home.

Attachments

• europa.webp
    europa.webp
    47.9 KB · Views: 129
We need 3 teams with better coefficients to bomb out tonight. Unfortunately out of the 5 ties that are our best hope 4 of the teams that we would need to lose are playing at home.

Thats why pot 3 is pretty much nailed.
NEA cause we want good games and must win anybody if we want to go to the end.bring it

According to the Echo :If Qarabag FK manage to knock out Twente, the Blues could have to travel to Baku, Azerbaijan – a total of 2,578 miles. Even further would be Trabzonspor in eastern Turkey, which sits 2,745 from John Lennon Airport.

So, knowing our luck with draws, trips to Baku and Trabzonspor are nailed on

According to the Echo :If Qarabag FK manage to knock out Twente, the Blues could have to travel to Baku, Azerbaijan – a total of 2,578 miles. Even further would be Trabzonspor in eastern Turkey, which sits 2,745 from John Lennon Airport.

Can't see Thomas Cook doing day returns to either of these (n)

thats what i want,i can always go to holland belguim and germany

Surely dnipro aswell 2-1 up but Hadjuk Splits a tough one as good a chance as any above!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back