Europa League 2014-15 ( incl. Ticket / Travel Info ).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's a couple of questions. If the winner of the EL has already qualified for the CL, does the spot go to the runners up? and do teams knocked out of the CL drop down to the EL next season?

Here's a couple of questions. If the winner of the EL has alreqady qualified for the CL, does the spot go to the runners up? and do teams knocked out of the CL drop down to the EL next season?

Check Bert Kassies. The EL thread shows which teams come into the competition, whether by qualification or losing in the CL Qualifiers or finishing 3rd in the CL Groups (KO stage - last 32) and how the draws are arranged. The Group stage (where we might be starting) is arranged by Coefficient so our fate in terms of which Pot we go into (probably Pot 2 of the 4) will determine who the seeded teams are. As soon as all the qualifying teams are known we should have a reasonable idea of the likely line-up in the Group stages (assuming the seeded teams win their games).

Here's a couple of questions. If the winner of the EL has already qualified for the CL, does the spot go to the runners up? and do teams knocked out of the CL drop down to the EL next season?
Was only wondering this last night. I'd be surprised if it wasn't the runners up who got the place.

Was only wondering this last night. I'd be surprised if it wasn't the runners up who got the place.
that would make sense but if the winner of the CL has already qualified in one of the 4 league spots for the following season, the place does not go to the 5th... ahhhh here, I'm wrecking my own head now.

Nope if the winner is already qualified for the CL the following season through the league then the spot goes elsewhere not to the runner up or the country of the winner etc

Where the hell does it go to then?

Couldn't find the article, but from memory it was something along the lines of, eufa cup winjner gets a CL place, and if their already qualified then the spot will go back to the place they nicked it from to allow the extra place for the winner, so one of the lower co efficient associations

Couldn't find the article, but from memory it was something along the lines of, eufa cup winjner gets a CL place, and if their already qualified then the spot will go back to the place they nicked it from to allow the extra place for the winner, so one of the lower co efficient associations

Cheers. Sounds a bit mad like, but that's UEFA for you. Makes me laugh when you see champions having to qualify for the 'Champions' League and some teams who finish 2nd or 3rd going straight into the group stages

IN a nutshell

If Hull win the FA cup they go straight in the group stages, THFC & EFC (6th/5th) enter at QF3 & the play-0ff respectively.
IF Hull lose the FA cup final, they enter at QF3, THFC in the play-off & EFC straight in the group.

QF3 is on the 31st Jul/7th Aug
play-off 21 & 28th Aug
Groups from 18th Sep.

The group draw is on 29th Aug.

Kinda goes without saying but our success in this is measure by what we do in the window.

Cheers. Sounds a bit mad like, but that's UEFA for you. Makes me laugh when you see champions having to qualify for the 'Champions' League and some teams who finish 2nd or 3rd going straight into the group stages

Aye it's a utter mess all around, think they originally wanted to do a massive expansion of the champions league and sod off the eufa full stop, but those plans got stopped dead by the usual CL clubs wanting to protect their slice of the huge pie rather than see it halved or more by sharing it with loads more teams

It was on sky last Friday. The winner of the CL if they finish outside the top 4 will not take the 4th place CL spot. Same applies to the EL winner, if they are outside the top 4 would not take their place. However the maximum from any country will now be 5, so in the unlikely event both the CL and EL winner come from the same country, and both finish outside the top 4, then the 4th place team would not qualify for CL. The EL league runners up do not get the CL place if the winners have already qualified by league position......

Aye it's a utter mess all around, think they originally wanted to do a massive expansion of the champions league and sod off the eufa full stop, but those plans got stopped dead by the usual CL clubs wanting to protect their slice of the huge pie rather than see it halved or more by sharing it with loads more teams

Yeah that G14 (think it's more than 14 now) is an utter disgrace.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back