Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Ndiaye 63'

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Beto 76'

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Holgate 85'

Votes: 5 2.2%

• Total voters
We lost this game in the main because we can’t score when we’re on top, go one up and the opposition have to open up.

Ipswich played well yesterday and couldn’t convert either.

It’s what happens when you lack quality, eventually you overcommit and get countered.

The front 4 that started yesterday don’t have 25 goals between them over a full season, they got 20 last season.

For teams like WHam and Villa, that’s in and around 40.

We lost this game in the main because we can’t score when we’re on top, go one up and the opposition have to open up.

It’s what happens when you lack quality, eventually you overcommit and get countered.

The front 4 that started yesterday don’t have 25 goals between them over a full season, they got 20 last season.

Bingo.

And it's why it dictates relegation scrap.

Why we suddenly expect slow players, who never score enough goals to suddenly start...

When you have a left footed winger on the left with no pace and a fear of crossing, a left footed win the right who always cuts back in and Doucoure a poor number 10 (wouldn’t have him as a number 12) you can see why lots including me have a go at DCL.

Our subs are always like for like and a manager expects a different outcome?

The owner obviously doesn’t care otherwise he would have found money for a right back, Dyche doesn’t care otherwise he would try one of the kids. The only ones who seem to care are the supporters and by the end you can obviously see even they have had enough.

Embarrassing for both Dyche as he doesn’t really try the kids and the seasoned pros that MOTM was a kid!

I left with 10 minutes to go yesterday at 2-0 and I very rarely leave early. The main difference for me yesterday was their attack was so more slick. We take 10 minutes to put a ball in the penalty box their wide men took seconds. That Minteh had Myko shitting himself 1st half. He would have had a field day 2nd half if he would have stayed on. We are desperate to get Branthwaite back in the team.

Dyche is incredibly rigid in his views on football, and in essence plays the 'safe' hand (from his perspective), regardless of whether it's the likely right call.

He picks experience over ability, and he is reluctant to use youth players at all; once he's picked his XI, he will stick with it regardless of the performance.

That's why we see late subs and, in the mainstay, ones that are almost entirely predictable. His selection yesterday was poor with the other options available.

For me yesterday, we didn't start too badly, however their goals were far too easily conceded, and the lack of fight or pressure was of great concern.

Once the first went in, we were doomed because they gave up - lack of pressing, composure and downright fight to get a result.

The irony about Dyche going for Premier League experience over anything else, is that he was beaten by a 31 year newcomer in charge of Brighton.

I know this sounds mad, but I'd of preferred if we lost 4-0, because it would actually show how awful we are. Yet again an awful pre season can't blame Dyche for that. We have been like that for years. Dyche is an inept manager who has been lucky to keep us up. I'm sick of Everton, you'll have usual suspects when we lose to Spurs saying how good Spurs are. What's the point in us? We just accept mediocrity and defeats and have done for a long time.

Bingo.

And it's why it dictates relegation scrap.

Why we suddenly expect slow players, who never score enough goals to suddenly start...
Once we fluff a couple of decent opportunities the feeling of inevitability sets in.

The manager feels safer with players who have defensive attributes in forward positions, this is a massive mistake because after about a half an hour when we’re out of ideas the opposition fullbacks don’t fear us and push on.

They wouldn’t do that against quality and pace.

Once we fluff a couple of decent opportunities the feeling of inevitability sets in.

The manager feels safer with players who have defensive attributes in forward positions, this is a massive mistake because after about a half an hour when we’re out of ideas the opposition fullbacks don’t fear us and push on.

They wouldn’t do that against quality and pace.

Shame we don't have quality and pace.

No doubt been covered but...

Team selection yesterday deflates the fans before even a ball is kicked... Keane is proven to be a liability as is Young...we all saw it coming. Should have gone 3 at the back with O'Brian selected or stuck to the four but with O'Brian and the young lad Dixon.

Personally would have started Lindstrom and Ndiaye or at the very least bought them on at Half time to replace Mcneil/Harrison or Doucoure.

Even if we had lost with picking the above I wouldn't have been as angry as at least we would have tried something different/been more adventurous/attacking.

What's that saying? 'definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result' that's what you get with Keane and Young...this was even proven to Dyche last season when he eventually replaced Keane in the team with Branthwaite. We didn't start off too badly, but then noticed the pattern of hoofing the long diagonal to Harrison I started to fear the worst...alongside that miss from Mcneil when clean through (granted was offside anyway) I began to realise we would get f*** all from the game.

everyone is right that yesterday's performance was a big pile of [Poor language removed]. But let's be honest, how many really believe that the victory was even possible if both Keane and Young were in the defensive line?

It’s really worrying the lack of pace in yesterdays line up
Pace is such a factor in premier league
Young Keane Tarqs McNeil and Harrison all lacking
We bought younger pacier players and the young players like Dixon
I hope but doubt dyche learns from yesterday but listening to his press conference bleeding about a pen that never was I fear not

Watched the highlights on MOTD and we seemed to start off alright and had chances but once Brighton grew into the game, they had space and the marking for all goals was dreadful.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back