Everton 1-0 Man Utd. 20th August @ 20.00.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fellaini was immense. As were Everton.

I was abit worried towards the end when Moyes took a while to get the subs on, but we weren't really threatened by United at the end - all they did was pass around the box.

This match seems to signal the return of Jagielka - he scored for England the other day, and tonight was one of his better performances for Everton, long may it continue!! Was also good to see Distin outpacing Rooney quite often!

article-1195631-054F4AA0000005DC-983_468x414.jpg
I was messing mate....I've very much taken you into my heart I was just a bit giddy at the time.

Heh.

Sportscenter showing sports video clips during title sequence showing Fellaini's header and celebration.

Nice.

Yeah, nice to see the lads talking to one another, smiling, encouraging one another .. got to diasgree on your Distin observations .. sure Jags had a decent game but early on (especially) Distin's pace saved Baines arse on at least one occasion .. and even if he spanners it, his distribution will always be better than Jags. Moyes likes to play natural right and left footed players in his central defence .. and to me it makes sense and generally works. Jags and Heitinga is not our best CD.

Fellaini was immense. As were Everton.

I was abit worried towards the end when Moyes took a while to get the subs on, but we weren't really threatened by United at the end - all they did was pass around the box.

This match seems to signal the return of Jagielka - he scored for England the other day, and tonight was one of his better performances for Everton, long may it continue!! Was also good to see Distin outpacing Rooney quite often!

This .. 70 minutes came and went and some were visibly flagging (for good reason), cramp setting in etc. and Moyes (as ever) took his time .. I think he used his subs to attempt to nullify SAF, i.e. Ashley Young comes on, send Coleman on to pester him and keep Evra honest.

Holy cow. Just finished watching on DVR. Couldn't be prouder of the boys. Felli and Jags are superhuman. Fellaini is the most unstoppable ball winner. Ridiculous. Distin solid. AHHH! won't be able to sleep.

Thankfully it's a public holiday in most of SE Asia today so no problem waiting 'til 3 a.m. for kick-off .. spent the last hour sharing the 'feel good' on GOT. Not a lot more that I can add other than so happy, so proud and as one of life's eternal optimists this game has seriously fanned the flames of (previously) smouldering (positive) anticipation for the season ahead.

C'mon you blue boys .. onwards and upwards !!!

Couple of thoughts I'd like to share from this game:

There must be a lot of rich clubs and top flight managers who watched Fellaini's performance tonight (surely his stock was already pretty high before) and thought .. got to have. He is so unique and would bring an added dimension to any team, possible exception being Citeh.

Plan B - was pleased to see that we had a quality looking bench tonight that would give us options in terms of style of play, team dynamics etc. Our opponents will look at that game and their focus and prime task will be to stop Fellaini and though many will fail we have to ensure that we have options / different plans that we can turn to and seamlessly implement immediately.

(yes I'm a confused person, optimist and lifelong Evertonian)

Nice to see what we can do with a healthy squad that didn't get flogged in the summer transfer window. We won b/c we were better team top to bottom, this wasn't a smash and grab. Nice way to finish a perfect footie weekend.

Thankfully it's a public holiday in most of SE Asia today so no problem waiting 'til 3 a.m. for kick-off .. spent the last hour sharing the 'feel good' on GOT. Not a lot more that I can add other than so happy, so proud and as one of life's eternal optimists this game has seriously fanned the flames of (previously) smouldering (positive) anticipation for the season ahead.

C'mon you blue boys .. onwards and upwards !!!

Couple of thoughts I'd like to share from this game:

There must be a lot of rich clubs and top flight managers who watched Fellaini's performance tonight (surely his stock was already pretty high before) and thought .. got to have. He is so unique and would bring an added dimension to any team, possible exception being Citeh.

Plan B - was pleased to see that we had a quality looking bench tonight that would give us options in terms of style of play, team dynamics etc. Our opponents will look at that game and their focus and prime task will be to stop Fellaini and though many will fail we have to ensure that we have options / different plans that we can turn to and seamlessly implement immediately.

(yes I'm a confused person, optimist and lifelong Evertonian)

Happy Hari Raya to you man, and yes I'm sure many covet Fellaini but he just signed a five-year deal last season, and he signed for us for £15 million. Kenwit would be foolish to sell for anything less than double that at this point.

Fellaini's performance was magnificent yesterday. I can't be the only one who has never seen a double chest until last night. The man could play volleyball with no arms, he's so good

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back