Everton 1-0 Man Utd. 20th August @ 20.00.

Status
Not open for further replies.
just back to last nights game, i though Rooney is about a stone over weight and he was the same at the euros
i think there was a part of him last night wished that he was in blue after the final whistle:lol:

What a night that was. Our attacking play was great when we wern't sat back, but when we were we defended superbly. We stayed deep and didn't let them play through us, forcing them out wide to put crosses in which Jags and Distin mopped up all night. Fellaini is da man.

Fellani was immense but those working in midfield provided that platform for him to do it and the whole back four worked themselves to a standstill. Everyone on the Park & the manager deserve credit for a great start to the season, Goodison for an evening kick off is a great place to be and now we need to build on this get a result at villa.

[video=youtube;cHR6ziRI4Dc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cHR6ziRI4Dc&feature=player_embedded[/video]

Not a video of the crowd, but it is funny.

Great team effort tonight,great start to the season,hopefully we can build on this and stay injury free for long periods of the season so that we can build momentum and have a strong start to this season,had to record match because of work,heard the result but didnt care (how could you!) but thought every player worked so hard for each other and the team spirit through the squad looks good.When your team plays as good as that and wins theres so much to say and admire,also the crowd were really great last night,make the hairs on the back of yer neck stand up!!! COYB!!!

Haha, just read this gem from the Mirror match report:

"Poor Michael Carrick may never recover from the experience.Pressed into service as an emergency centre half, he will probably suffer nightmares for the rest of his life about a giant afro stalking his every move.
It was like living in a Mighty Boosh sketch".

Excellent!

Last night was unreal, an electric atmosphere on an early season balmy night, and a win on the opening game against Manchester United and the RVP circus that currently follows them. I believe Fellaini was the best player on the pitch, and if we keep him, why the hell can we not challenge for 4th place, buzzing me tits off here.

To be honest, I was very disappointed in our performance last night. When Everton play a top team, what I want is backs-to-the-wall defending from start to finish, being dragged to the edge of my seat for 90 minutes by shots flying round our goal, and at the end I want the pleasure of a plucky (but barely deserved) draw or the satisfaction of moaning at length about a one-goal loss due to extreme bad luck or a ridiculous refereeing decision. All this winning by completely outplaying the opposition, having far more chances, hitting woodwork multiple times, and being unlucky not to win by two or three goals is not the thing at all. Admittedly, the boys did make the effort to cause me some anxiety with the usual drop-back-on-our-goal-and-invite-a-siege tactic in the last 20 minutes, but overall my stress levels weren’t remotely what I’m used to. Another disappointing start to the season, then. Let's hope the lads can get back in the groove with a typical early season play-against-a-dire-team-and-be-even-worse-than-them performance at Villa at the weekend.

(With my outlook on life, possibly I should be posting on Toffeeweb rather than here).

Ferguson's view of our performance

"He (Fellaini) is a handful: he is a big, tall, gangly lad and they just lumped the ball forward to him, that's all they did," said Ferguson.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back