Everton 1-1 Arsenal. Weds 28th November @ 19:45

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought it was a joke bringing Vellios on for a whole two minutes. Bit of a piss take by the manager that. You're either going for the game or you're not, and recently he seems to be happy to just take a point and not try to snatch the three. What was wrong with giving him 10 or 15 minutes?

Lol wut.

Thought Hibbert was average myself, made a few good recovery tackles but he wouldnt have had to do such a thing if he hadnt been out of position in the first place.

I disagree. I think there were a couple of crap passes but equally a good few stand out tackles.

And he nearly scored.

That was funny :lol: knocked him into the next day.

17e83d1af73e94d96f5c07d4e9a48470_large

Eurrgghhhh look at the little rat running away. if i ever seen him in town, id call him a rat.

I disagree. I think there were a couple of crap passes but equally a good few stand out tackles.

And he nearly scored.

Totally agree. It was good to see our man back and getting stuck in. He's not going to set the world alight but he was fairly solid last night overall.

i said it earlier but no one replied,

Didnt anyone get on how p*ssed Howard Kendall was when he came on the pitch at half time?>

That sir, was a great observation. i thought he was looking a bit worse for wear, and i almost forgot. How great it is to see our legends coming back every now and then at half time. Rarely see this at any other club.

Just goes to show how little we paid them in their day!!

Also i saw last night why fans are so frustrated with the Arsenal Board and manager. They did not look like the arsenal we have always feared.

If Hibbert didn't play last night, Arse would have scored more, imo.
Too many people on here don't understand defending.

If Hibbert didn't play last night, Arse would have scored more, imo.
Too many people on here don't understand defending.

This.

It's amasing how a lot of people who go to the match don't actually understand how to play football. The amount of abuse Hibbert got for not tightly marking his winger who was tight to the wing while the ball was on the opposite wing is daft. Full backs need to cover their center halves FFS.

This.

It's amasing how a lot of people who go to the match don't actually understand how to play football. The amount of abuse Hibbert got for not tightly marking his winger who was tight to the wing while the ball was on the opposite wing is daft. Full backs need to cover their center halves FFS.

Sorry but several times he got too tight and the ball was played between him and the RCB, leaving the winger in behind, Hibbert is good at recovery tackles but they always come after him being too tight and out of position.

First game back, still did well.
Just think of all the stupid goals we let in these days. How often is Hibbert involved in them compared to Colemole, Heits, Jags & Distin?

All things being equal - we should draw this one - (we have become very good at that this season ) - unless the post does not get in the way , the ref helps us a bit for a change or lady luck smiles upon us for the first time in quite a while - in which case we might sneak a 2-1 victory

has Everton's fortunes become predictable or not ?

Imagine if Osman and Pienaar didn't shoot like little girls, our midfield would pound them in

The thing with both of them is, they either catch them right and they're completely unstoppable - they have scored some of the best goals I've ever seen live - or they are useless pearollers. Kind of exciting as you never know what you're gonna get.
I still maintain Pienaar's goal in the 3-3 away at Villa is the best Everton goal I've ever seen. Every player on the team got a touch, 30 passes, then a magnificent curler to finish it off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back