Match Thread Everton 2-0 Liverpool - Chat, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Dare we start looking at Liverpool social media and fan casts? That baldy Irish fella should be great.
Ok, here is the recipe, free of charge 😁:

you play this video from Anfield Agenda
and simultaneously you play the Gwladys street reaction from Toffee TV, recorded from the stadium, balance the volume so you can clearly hear Craig's lamenting while Goodison roars and chants - works like a charm!

By the way works perfectly with extract from Sky sport post-match sit down as well, and here I advise you to optionally raise the volume of Goodison Park when old Jamie elaborates on the future of Liverpool.

BTW, I genuinely think the ref should be a choice for MoM uo there too. The best display of even handed refereeing I have seen in derby match for decades. Loads around me screaming for him to hand out bookings left, right and centre. But he reffed it like a derby, expected a full blooded game and let it flow. Let down horribly by the blind linesman who missed about a thousand offside decisions, but the ref himself was superb!

I reckon winning the Forest game might've taken the pressure off us for a change, while they still had pressure on being in the title race.

Usually we're under pressure in some way and they pounce on it.
A few us were clinging to that ahead of the game but I don’t think anyone thought it would pay out so sweetly

BTW, I genuinely think the ref should be a choice for MoM uo there too. The best display of even handed refereeing I have seen in derby match for decades. Loads around me screaming for him to hand out bookings left, right and centre. But he reffed it like a derby, expected a full blooded game and let it flow. Let down horribly by the blind linesman who missed about a thousand offside decisions, but the ref himself was superb!
Absolutely spot on. It was such a pleasant surprise to have an official who wasn't swayed by the occasion, VD's constant bleating in his ear and just reffed the game.

I don't think we got a single booking which is remarkable for us in a Derby.