Votes: 1 0.2%
  • Gueye '83

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Garner '83

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Harrison '46

Votes: 5 1.2%

• Total voters
Granted our full back options are probably worse than most clubs in the top three divisions in the country, but there is genuine quality within the squad, available right now, that simply has to see us beating Palace at home.

That can be said too for getting plenty of points away from home.

Pickford, Branthwaite and Ndiaye are all quality players that would get a game for sides in the top six at worst.

Tarkowski's game improves dramatically alongside Branthwaite, while we have more than enough central midfielders available to put together a good pairing whether it's Gueye Mangala, Iroegbunam or Garner - all much better than relegation players.

Shifting McNeil inside makes him look far better than what we see from him on the wing, and DCL will produce more when the team is playing better and with Ndiaye playing.

We're sadly guaranteed to be playing three abysmal players each game, but we can't do anything about that right now - Mykolenko or Young will be at left back, Young or Coleman will be at right back, Harrison will be right midfield (unless Lindstrom can show some form). The other players will unfortunately need to carry those.

Still, that's much more than a lot of teams can let offer and the points really need to start coming in NOW.

Pressure is on the manager for the very first team and he needs to react tomorrow with a victory.

I'll go either 1-1 or 2-1 to us.

65% me expects to win

pressure on jasper new owners finally move forwards

the 35% of me thinks we will give palace therye first win as everton do

lets break this habit

Dyche under scrutiny again​

There is light at the end of a very long and very dark tunnel for Evertonians after Monday’s announcement that the Friedkin Group has agreed a deal to bring Farhad Moshiri’s calamitous ownership to a close. Until their takeover is ratified, however, many might suspect it is the light of an oncoming train, to pinch a line from Half Man Half Biscuit, given previous false dawns and Moshiri’s record. But this deal should go through, and with it comes an added pressure on Sean Dyche as he attempts to rectify a dismal start to the season against a Crystal Palace side that are also without a Premier League win. Dan Friedkin has not been slow to implement managerial change at Roma and scrutiny on the Everton manager’s long-term worth will be under way. Dyche’s options have been seriously stretched so far but with Jarrad Branthwaite in contention for his first start of the campaign and Vitalii Mykolenko also back in training, he may have a recognised defensive unit available at last. His prospective employers will be paying close attention. Andy Hunter

Just don't start Keane or Young.

If Mykolenko isn't fit, I'd be tempted to go three at the back (O'Brien, Tarkowski & Branthwaite) with Dixon and McNeil as WBs.

Presuming Myko IS fit:

DCL
Ndiaye - McNeil - Lindstrøm
Iroegbunam - Garner
Myko - O'Brien - Tarks - Dixon
Pickford

Branthwaite and Patterson also viable options IF fit, obviously.
How much I'd love to see Dixon start tomorrow. There is more chance of me landing on the moon at 3pm tomorrow than Dyche starting Lindstrom and Dixon on the right side

So if we can score 2 goals with 20-ish% posession, surely we'd be hitting 4 with just 40%. Then we would survive conceding 3 goals as we usually do. Simple. 4-3 to us.

IMG_0374.webp

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back