• Gueye '83

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Garner '83

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Harrison '46

Votes: 3 0.8%

• Total voters
Potentially dyches last game in charge of us

He'll get the Newcastle game regardless of tomorrow's result. Then two weeks and a long old wait to Ipswich away. That surely to me is the end game if there isn't a win in the next three, even 3 draws and it's 4 points from first 8 games which is poorer than start of last season.

The pressure is on with the takeover nearly done.

Okay, so based on the presser yesterday it sounds like he may actually be considering Branthwaite to come straight back in, which I didn't expect.

Having said this - again I still wouldn't be surprised if he went unchanged from Leicester, which was this..

Pickford

Garner -- Keane -- Tarkowski -- Young

Doucoure
------ Mangala

Lindstrom
----- McNeil -------- Ndiaye

DCL
The only change I could see him making would be in midfield, with Gana coming back in for Doucs. Be pleasantly surprised if he does end up binning Keane off straight away.

If he's hinting at Branthy starting then I think it's pretty certain he'll be thrown in. However dosen't mean he's got 90 minutes in him quite yet so that presents an issue at having to take him off after 70 minutes given how fragile the confidence is later on in games. Goodison will go very quiet if Keane is coming on around that time but ultimately he is ahead of O'Brien in the pecking order.

If he's hinting at Branthy starting then I think it's pretty certain he'll be thrown in. However dosen't mean he's got 90 minutes in him quite yet so that presents an issue at having to take him off after 70 minutes given how fragile the confidence is later on in games. Goodison will go very quiet if Keane is coming on around that time but ultimately he is ahead of O'Brien in the pecking order.
If he isn't ready to play 90 minutes then he probably shouldn't be playing IMO.

I think that the people in charge( Thelwell and Chongy) will probably be looking at that Ipswich game. I mean thats an absolute must win. So if we dont win a game until then: then that will be judgement day , as its after the break, so Dyke has no excuses.

I think that the people in charge( Thelwell and Chongy) will probably be looking at that Ipswich game. I mean thats an absolute must win. So if we dont win a game until then: then that will be judgement day , as its after the break, so Dyke has no excuses.

the thing is IF we lose tomottoe the longer he stays on the more teams will fancy to do us

lose tomorrow and i will turn up at TFGs mansion and demand he sack him

Granted our full back options are probably worse than most clubs in the top three divisions in the country, but there is genuine quality within the squad, available right now, that simply has to see us beating Palace at home.

That can be said too for getting plenty of points away from home.

Pickford, Branthwaite and Ndiaye are all quality players that would get a game for sides in the top six at worst.

Tarkowski's game improves dramatically alongside Branthwaite, while we have more than enough central midfielders available to put together a good pairing whether it's Gueye Mangala, Iroegbunam or Garner - all much better than relegation players.

Shifting McNeil inside makes him look far better than what we see from him on the wing, and DCL will produce more when the team is playing better and with Ndiaye playing.

We're sadly guaranteed to be playing three abysmal players each game, but we can't do anything about that right now - Mykolenko or Young will be at left back, Young or Coleman will be at right back, Harrison will be right midfield (unless Lindstrom can show some form). The other players will unfortunately need to carry those.

Still, that's much more than a lot of teams can let offer and the points really need to start coming in NOW.

Pressure is on the manager for the very first team and he needs to react tomorrow with a victory.

I'll go either 1-1 or 2-1 to us.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back