Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Gueye '83

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Garner '83

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Harrison '46

Votes: 3 0.8%

• Total voters

We have won 18 of our last 20 Home League games with a clean sheet. Only twice have we won and conceded, both v Palace (that 3-2 game and today) and both when we conceded 1st.

@Alan Whittle is your man under pressure?
It is beginning yes. No one has made more changes week on week than him in the PL since the start of the season. The players looked perplexed at times. Kamala is definitely a Glasner buy and he is not PL levels. Elegant and box to box fit but lightweight, caught out by the pace at this level and cannot tackle. Every week Glasner shoe horns him in somewhere and he can’t cope. After the RS next week we have a run of not too bad games. We need points from those because December pre Christmas looks horrible. No improvement? Gone by the opening of the January window I would reckon.

….not sure anybody has said this but ‘that was a game of two halves’ ;)

Palace have become a bit of a lucky club for us @Alan Whittle, I was happy getting in at 0-1. The goal just after half-time was critical, clever little assist from Ashley Young, I was convinced from my subutteo position in the Top Balcony he was giving it back to Harrison but went inside and it opened up for that glorious finish. Young did ok again, handled the disappointing Eze well and it was a terrific clearance in the first half to keep the score at 0-1.

Dyche struggling to get the midfield balance right. Mangala showing some nice touches but it just didn’t work with Doucoure. I wasn’t surprised he went with his tried and trusted Doucoure/Gana/Garner axis to get us over the line. Challenge is, which two play behind McNeil.

Finally, how good it is to have Branthwaite back. I just felt we had a chance of holding on with him and Tarkowski back together.

McNeil the obvious MoM.

Good to hear Martin Keown pipe up on Final Score to put Jason Mohammed right with “I played for Everton too, you know”
My memory of keown is him getting his nose smashed all over his face v Palace zenith data final
At Wembley
Good to hear Martin Keown pipe up on Final Score to put Jason Mohammed right with “I played for Everton too, you know”

Tr
No coincidence our first win of the season is Branthwaithe's first appearance
True. And will only get better, once he's really back in the saddle. hope Dixon or Patterson sort themselves out (in dyches eyes) we'd be so much better.

Voted for mangala. Thought he was great. Breaking up play. Moving the ball on. Unsung hero today.
McNeil obvious choice for his goals and work rate

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back