Match Thread Everton 2-3 AFC Bournemouth (Sat 31 Aug 3:00 PM)

Your Everton MOTM vs Bournemouth

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I didn't see any of the Bournemouth goals, I turned it off on 87 mins, safe in the knowledge of 3 points!

I thought Bournemouth were awful and Kluivert is one of the worst players I have ever seen in the Premier League.

No idea how this happened, it shouldn't be difficult for professional players to close out a 2-0 lead with seconds remaining!
True.

All the good work undone by a negative substitution and tactics. We should have gone for their throats.

We were comfortable going forward, we can’t afford to sit back and defend leads.

At 2-0 up and cruising we should never ever be drawing never mind losing that game. The complete capitulation that followed Bournemouths first goal speaks for the general rot around the whole club. What followed has to be one of the worst team collapses in living memory. This one eclipses the one against Newcastle a few years ago which was another whopper…..

I’m glad I gave my ticket up for this one and will be glad to get on the plane to sunnier climbs tomor.

Hang in there lads. They don’t deserve us 🤣🤣🤣💙💙💙

Bournemouth were crap, I mean really bad, yet we managed to find a way to give ourselves a 2 goal start and still lose.

Yes it's only 3 games in but the transfer window has just shut and with the manager we have I genuinely fear for our PL survival this time around.

I'd like to think I will feel more positive in the morning, we all know what spur of the moment feelings are like after a match, but somehow I doubt it this time. This one really, really hurts.

Wonder if this has just jumped the shark for me. I'm clearly living in some kind of simulation. Ok, you can wake me up now, return me to reality, I've had enough
Meanwhile outside the simulation, Everton have won the league consecutively since 2018, having also collected the champions league twice, the World Cup, two Oscar’s and a Nobel prize.

Yes 100# but answer me this do you not think making 5 subs can change a game. And if you can honestly say in your view he made right subs
Of course it can. I would just expect whoever was on the pitch with 3 mins to go to be able to see the game out if they are professional footballers. For that reason i think they are all shithouses and blame them.

He had just started his first PL game and ran his socks off and was rightly rested at the end of the game IMO.

The game was over, with competent players.

It was a total mental collapse BY THE PLAYERS.

Nothing to do with Dyche..
No disrespect but there were players who looked like they had lost their legs, Ndiaye didn’t he was still running them ragged. Silly decision. Also why not play the 6ft 6 defender you have sitting on the bench having paid 17 million for him. Or maybe bring on Lindstrom? Mykolenko was playing poorly, why not him? Seriously the guy doesn’t have a clue, he’s a dinosaur. Oh sorry I mean a dychasaurus.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back