Everton 3-3 Aston Villa. 2nd Feb @ 15.00.

Status
Not open for further replies.

chicoazul

Poster Valuation: #1
On we go and the calendar flips another month into February. We’re a point off fourth and still in the FA Cup so it’s not too bad really is it?

image-2-for-huddersfield-town-in-fa-cup-finals-past-gallery-894388078.jpg

West Brom should have been easier than what it was but thanks mainly to the beautiful Leighton Baines we can out of it with another 2-1 scoreline and importantly the three points. One of these days we'll batter someone is the popular catchphrase but as long as were winning then it keeps us in with a shout.

Not sure what your overbearing emotion is on this fine Friday but is anyone else pissed off at how Sky have engineered their own Christmas? It’s called Deadline Day and it’s jam packed full of bells. None more so than at Sky itself and (no surprises) the hideous clusterf*ck of wannabe journalist stand ups called the BBC Live Text team. They're hopefully be disappointed that a month of needless innuendo about some of our best players futures hasn't stirred a bid for them to get far too overexcited about. [Poor language removed] right off titheads.

PA-4959688.jpg

Now that January is out of the way, and the accompany gnashing of teeth with it, we can focus on continuing on our quest to do something boss. No happy endings guaranteed.

There’s a whole spectrum of opinion from the transfer window being a positive because we kept hold of our best players and even added to it, to it being the final nail in Moyes’ coffin who’ll defo be off in the summer now as we failed to bring ace players in to help us cement fourth. No one really knows really but as with all things: time usually tells.

17859-zoom.jpg

Watching the furore over the best couple of days had me thinking. Everton with a bit of cash to spend is not unlike being an eighteen year old lad in the Paradox. In that Everton had eight million or something, whereas the the Paradox lad with thirty quid in his pocket is relatively rich. The night is endless with possibilities. Pretty girls all over the show and the sweet optimism of what might be. Then the night, like the transfer window, progresses. Those previously attainable targets jib you off or end up with different suitors. That thirty quid is getting less and less. It’s getting later and the cold harsh reality hits you that it’s going to be fruitless. A few desperate unsuccessful lunges and it’s all over. Back to the family home and a frantic hushed wank borne out of frustration over whatever is the favourite stashed VHS of those times. Ok, the last bit didn’t work but hopefully you’ll see my line of thinking.

villa-crowd-crop.jpg

Moving on swiftly it is then. What exactly is the point of Birmingham? It’s there and it’s big but it’s pointless isn’t it? England’s second city is a throwaway title to merely acknowledge a big massive soup of nothingness. Birmingham is the appendix of England all truth be told.

And I think this is part of the problem with Villa fans in that they’re aware that there’s no real redeeming features of their club, fans or city so they try to compensate by trying a bit too hard. Their rips are unfunny, their tattoos garish and this won’t win me many friends but even with this chanting Petrov’s name on the nineteenth minute of each game – it’s a bit too much isn't it? Sure it’s awful but give him support by writing him a letter and stuff or just being there for him when he needs it.

image-3-for-villa-kings-of-europe-gallery-477921788.jpg

There’s always been a bit of an edge between them and us because we have an identity and they don’t. Were the club they hope to be when they grow up but can’t admit it.

They’re right in the sh*te at the moment as the new saviour of Paul Lambert hasn’t worked out. They are left with a squad that is painfully short of experience and anyone willing to put their foot on the ball to try and win a game. It’s the perfect storm really for the slow speaking bellwhiffs as it wasn’t long ago they were convinced that Moyes would leave us to take over them. If I was fifteen years old this is the stage where I’d give a little “lol”.

Stoke+v.+Aston+Villa.+March+1984.+The+final+score+was+a+one+nil+victory+to+Stoke.

I don’t think Lambert is a bad manager, I think it’s something weird where he’s at the wrong club at the wrong time. Maybe it will work out at Villa but that’s doubtful. It must not be easy being the next ace young Scottish Manager. Owen Coyle can give him supportive texts if need be.

They don't have really bad players like you'd expect. Bent and Benteke should be enough to keep them out of harm but the former has a titty lip as he does at his clubs after too long and the latter is a bit over rated for my money anyway. They've just signed some young lad called Dawkins from Spurs on loan so we'll see how that pans out on Saturday. They've also got Weimann up there too who seems to slot but again it's just not happening for them.

image-10-for-everton-fc-legend-kevin-sheedy-gallery-696548705.jpg

N'zogbia was a fantastic swerve for us, if we were interested after all. He's done the sum of [Poor language removed] all since signing for them and has look less arsed than a student working the night shift at your local petrol garage.

The midfield doesn't offer really much more than that and the defence is equally woeful. It's like an Everton team of the nineties and it stinks.

Anyway, I can talk up their players and threats all day but the fact is they're second from bottom in the league and that's for a very good reason. Let's not [Poor language removed] about here blues, get right the [Poor language removed] into these and reap the rewards.

tony%2Bdaley.jpg

We're not doing too great up front but it was heartening to see the evolution of Victor Anichebe continue with him running round relatively like a crazed loon in our last game. Or what's been known as The Straquilarso Effect. Again a striker didn't score so it's mere baby steps in addressing our lack of goals from that position but it's a start, and it allowed Jelavic some bench time which I think he weirdly needs. Rumours that the Negredo transfer broke down on objection from Luis Suarez remained unfounded.

A couple of days ago a few of you were doing those formation things that nerds like to do online to show how Dutch powerhouse Leroy Fer would fit into Everton and with it how we'd waltz to untold greatness. That didn't work out but the good news is that Darron Gibson should be fit to start so our midfield will be miles better. He also allows Osman to play well there but it mustn't be overlooked on how Fellaini played as well as he has done in central mid for a while. Mirallas returned too which is a relief at it forces sh*te teams back as they're scared of his pace and confidence, before he inevitably does a Beagrie and tries one dribble too many. Relax, he's rusty and I'm sure he'll show what he can do now. Pienaar played well indeed at times against WBA and hopefully he'll continue to do so against Villa, who he has a happy knack of scoring against.

article-2269820-173A0645000005DC-211_964x652.jpg

What Heitinga was playing at for their goal is anyone's guess but luckily it didn't count in the end, apart from making our arses twitch a wee bit more than they should have. The right back position is a bit of a problem but hopefully Neville will start there allowing Distin and Jagielka to continue as they're the best bet at the moment. Leighton Baines is boss and will start at left back.

Looking at the table and the games played makes you realise that were into the business end of the season now. There's only fourteen games left.

Marouane-Fellaini-and-Steven-Pienaar-Everton-_2818802.jpg

There's no guarantees of the traditional second half surge from Everton so all we can do is keep plodding along and picking up points where we can. This game needs to be one of them and would round off a very productive week.

We've been there so despite my too cocky words earlier we know Villa will be scrapping for their lives on a pitch where they have proved a pain in the arse on previously. But if were serious of pretending were all that in the league then we need to be on forty four points on Saturday evening. Get into them Everton.

Warnock is better than Baines and so this bunch are top of the league. Back in the world without LSD so long as we keep Drogba quiet we'll be ok.

Thanks Chico - good work as usual

Hopefully Nev at RB and Heitinga on the bench
Gibson and Fellaini in CM with Osman ahead.

I liked the whole Osman, Mirallas and Pienaar swapping around a lot in the WBA game and think it will work even better against the woeful Villa defence

nice chico. Can't wait for the game so we can put the transfer drama behind us.

Really liked Felliani in CM last match, sured up the centre and let Pienaar/Osman/Mirallas rotate. I hope Anichebe starts again, thought he did well last time and looked very close to creating some goals. With Gueye off, I imagine Kennedy or Vellios will step up to the sub bench.

Please, Lord, let us beat these sh*te, sh*te whippersnakes, or whatever is the best English term for comprehensively garbage.

I'm getting up at 7:00am to watch you, don't be typical Everton, I beg of you

The 1st half at Villa earlier this season was as good as I've seen us play for years. Faded a bit in the 2nd as the game was as good as over but I hope that we can keep our foot on the pedal this time. If we can start in that same way, get an early goal then it could be good for our goal difference

I can't imagine that morale at Villa is high at the moment but that might be enough to give them a kick up the arse - uniting them in the face of adversity & all that.

..............love the old pics because I'm old. Apologies if mentioned elsewhere, but I have a feeling that this is the longest standing fixture in top flight footy so a lot of water has passed under the bridge for these clubs. When I think of Villa I remember the picture of Derek Dougan coming out of the Highbury tunnel in my Charles Buchan footy book.
Good that the theme on here is uncertainty because I think they were taken too lightly when they gave our neighbours a thumping. Even without us freshening the squad I would hope we will be too strong. Just win please as I think we have a difficult few months ahead......

they had a good second half showing midweek so it could be a tough encounter. We really need to whip them 5 nil though.

We'll draw. Not only did last night show a lack of ambition to the supporters but that would also feed through to the players.

I think it will show on the pitch tomorrow. Maybe I am still depressed though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back