Everton 3-3 Aston Villa. 2nd Feb @ 15.00.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait to you want to throw Stones in against Utd? In his Everton debut and in his first premiership game and against the league leaders. :unsure:

To be fair Moyes has form for it, remember when Coleman got his first game for us at left back away at Benfica? To add insult to injury he went up against Di Maria. I think we need to try and keep our back 4 as orthodox as possible when we play Utd by playing full backs at full back and centre backs at centre back so if none of our first choice right backs are available I wouldn't be against putting Oviedo or Stones there.

Utterly, utterly frustrating. Watching the Aston Villa and West Brom games back to back. Didn't do well for my feelings toward Heitinga.

think how important this point could be come end of season

still puts us within 1 match of cliniching 4th spot, albeit unlikely with GD to factor in, but miracles can happen

To be fair Moyes has form for it, remember when Coleman got his first game for us at left back away at Benfica? To add insult to injury he went up against Di Maria. I think we need to try and keep our back 4 as orthodox as possible when we play Utd by playing full backs at full back and centre backs at centre back so if none of our first choice right backs are available I wouldn't be against putting Oviedo or Stones there.

That as an injury crisis though. Our defensive line against benfica was;

Coleman - Distin - Hibbert - Gosling

Going to that match was a huge mistake

http://theexecutionersbong.wordpress.com/

I think that underlines a lot about how our left side is being turned by our opponents (including teams who aren't that great) from a major plus to a weakness...and it puts Heitinga's bad game into context too.

We've become way too reliant on it in the absence of having a settled right side...which we had earlier in the season. We cant get Coleman and Mirallas teamed up again quickly enough.

http://theexecutionersbong.wordpress.com/

I think that underlines a lot about how our left side is being turned by our opponents (including teams who aren't that great) from a major plus to a weakness...and it puts Heitinga's bad game into context too.

We've become way too reliant on it in the absence of having a settled right side...which we had earlier in the season. We cant get Coleman and Mirallas teamed up again quickly enough.

glad to see someone is agreeing with me - see my posts under other Heitinga threads -
our left is our spear with Baines/Pienaar but at the same time our soft underbelly - we have to fix it - other teams will exploit us there from now on in -
very interesting reading those tactical viewpoints - i hope Mr Moyes does as well

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back