Everton 5-1 Hull City

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess I'm in the very small minority who felt Anichebe had a good match. Yeah, it took him awhile to get into it but he was unlucky a few times as well. Good squad player to have as a forward.

Arteta was stellar. Heitinga was solid. Everyone played extremely well and I know that there will be several on this forum who'll be very happy with the way we played football today. Loved seeing us ping the ball around the pitch. Everyone was on the same page today from the front to the back.

I'd still like to see us get back to having some clean sheets though, not that there was anything Howard could have done about the goal.

I'd still like to see us get back to having some clean sheets though, not that there was anything Howard could have done about the goal.

Agreed 200%, what happened to the side that kept an Everton record with 18 clean sheets? Howard did well to take it from Nev. I believe it was the season Yobo played every league game and himself set a record. Think we battered Pompey last game too.
For such an allegedly defensive manager, this season has been a bit of a write off for defensive capability, it is not only down to Lescott, but we simply are not as efficient at the back as we were. Is it just down to Jags and can be healthy to a prem club to rely on defence on just one man?
Personally, I would try to sell Distin before Yobo, but that is just my thoughts on our defensive cover. Senderos can go back to Arsenal asap for my money before any proper players get let go though.

I'm hoping Jags gets back to his old form quickly. With Yobo, Distin, & Heitinga, we honestly don't need to spend any money on Senderos.

Well what an excellent day out that was! A pleasure to watch such sexy football from the lads. Can't be arsed reading through the thread on my phone, but i take it we're all happy tonight?? I thought our midfield was excellent today, it worked really well with Johnny smashing things up and allowing Mikel to do his thang. If Yak had had his shooting boots on we could've had double figures, as it was, still an excellent result against an admittedly crap 'ull side. Can only pound what's in front of us though :)
Posted via Mobile Device

Sideways, I think Victor was a very competent replacement for Donovan wide right. I can't say Victor is a better player than Donovan in that position (or any other) right now, but for the first time today I thought he was showing signs of developing into a player who could make it in the top half of the prem. He's still young and has missed a large part of his development through injury, while Donovan has a lot more experience, but I thought his aerial presence compensated well for the missing Cahill and Fellaini. He was the target for Tim's long clearances and won a good share of them, often with a more useful knock-down than Cahill usually provides.

Yup, Vic did well today. Helps when whole team is playing that well. Let's not forget that Vic is coming back from just as long time out as Arteta. That was a very serious injury and I'm glad the lad's back. Keep at it son. Prove to us that you have got what it takes to make it at EFC.

I'm hoping Jags gets back to his old form quickly. With Yobo, Distin, & Heitinga, we honestly don't need to spend any money on Senderos.

I was under the impression Senderos was to be free if we wanted him.
We can't judge him really yet in a blue shirt, as first he was injured, and secondly very short of match practise.

The only reason I would sell Distin is because of his age, if we needed to raise money for a striker or winger, but if we can afford the players wages, then both Senderos and Distin would be decent squad players incase of injury.

We could then maybe put Duffy out on loan to a smaller Prem team for 6-12 months if we're not ready to bring him through.

Off to my scratch but I leave y'all with this, from the Express:

His second came after the sort of intoxicating football Everton are capable of producing when everything clicks. Leon Osman fed Victor Anichebe and his cross reached Steven Pienaar, whose impudent back-heel allowed Arteta to do the rest.

We're getting there.

I think there's more of a chance of Yobo leaving than Distin. Distin is ahead of him in the pecking order and has only just joined the club, I very much doubt he's going to be looking for a move and there won't be many clubs who'd offer us good money to take him given his age. And Moyes does like a left footer back there, he provides a bit of balance.

Yobo is younger and more likely to raise some cash, which could give Moyes something to work with. And yes people, we still do need one or two players in the summer. If there's a way of getting players without having to sell someone then I'd be all for it, but I can't see that happening.

I wouldn't let Yakubu anywhere near another penalty. What a half ass effort. Do that against a good team and it can cost you.

Well what an excellent day out that was! A pleasure to watch such sexy football from the lads. Can't be arsed reading through the thread on my phone, but i take it we're all happy tonight?? I thought our midfield was excellent today, it worked really well with Johnny smashing things up and allowing Mikel to do his thang. If Yak had had his shooting boots on we could've had double figures, as it was, still an excellent result against an admittedly crap 'ull side. Can only pound what's in front of us though :)
Posted via Mobile Device
You new on this forum kidda?

very fun match to watch and everton could have topped the spurs 9-1 victory over Wigan earlier if we had taken advantage of all of our opportunities.:D

Great stuff and sets us up nicely for the run in.Brilliant to see Arteta is getting there,must admit i wasn't expecting anything from him this season so to have him producing the goods so quickly is a bonus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back