Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Agree Fee With Man Utd For Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Always exceptions, but let's call a spade a spade.

As a rule, Man Utd take what we want to keep, and Everton take what they want rid of.

Feeder: Rooney, Moyes, Fellaini, Lukaku.
Retirement: Howard, Neville, Gibson, Saha, Schneiderlin, Cleverley,

This won't change until we "do a Spurs" and climb into that top four.

A reminder my point was in response to this;

As is, we're the best of the rest, and the best can cherry pick our talent. Granted, we're in a position to look like we'll put up a good fight but the end result is always the same. The player forces a move. We even see it with academy lads.

Got to disagree, every person there wanted to go to United (save Lukaku but he wants champions league now) there was no battles to keep any of them we simply negotiated the best terms we could...not that anyone could but that we could....only Rooney caused any disquiet about him leaving really.

We simply didn't have enough to offer to hold back the careers of those players (Moyes is a different case altogether).

Fact is money talks and Lukaku still represents a massive amount of it to build a squad not just a team. The fact it's United taking a punt on our players is neither here nor there, if City had come in would we be their feeder club I mean they took Rodwell, Lescott and Stones since Rooney left?

Another one for Dave to like...

DEDtf-2XgAIDhdK.jpg

I don't know what everyone is arguing about.

We are receiving a minimum of 75 million English pounds for a striker who can barely control a ball, doesn't have the intelligence to make runs, has no anticipation, struggles with timing on his headers and is consistently offside. When all is said and done we are likely to receive a world record transfer fee for that ? lol

......... and i haven't even touched the fella's complete disrespect for the club that took a chance on him. Any club would take that kind of money for this balloon. All day long. It can't happen soon enough if you ask me. Not sure why many are rattled to be honest.

I agree with most of your points , however we didn't really take a chance on him.
He'd scored goals for WBA including 4 against united and scored plenty in his first season on loan.
We all begged the fraudster to sign him permanently.
Rom to his credit never denied he wanted CL and a bigger club.
Gutted to see him go , but if he wants to move so be it.
I just hope Koeman is given the whole fee to spend on players.
A top quality CF and maybe another CH and a LB
I think the Rooney and Giroud money is seperate.
I feel that United will pay a large proportion of Rooney wages for 2 years as part of the deal hence the relatively low 75 m fee

So the bid hasn't been accepted by us and he's donning Manc gear? Oh dear. This looks like a ploy to put pressure on Chelsea... What did I wake up to?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back