Everton Brands Appointment Confirmed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lots of suggestions to keep him.

I personally wouldn’t. We need better

Im in two minds Grouch to be honest with you, the lad clearly has something and hes going shoulder to shoulder against teams we aspire to compete with.

Last night reminded me that we have as good a starting 11 to compete with anything in the league, yet in this phase of the season the higher quality squad that can compete in the quick turnaround will always be telling. Many of our starting players looked goosed. If we have serious aspirations we need a high quality squad. He was 9 mill, which was fairly cheap in a context and could bring up the bar of quality in the squad. I also wonder how much it would cost for a like for like replacement.

I remember Modric when he first arrived at Spurs, many didnt rate him for the first couple of years.

All that said there was something i feel wasnt liked about his attitude or impatience and i also dont like the fact he seems to have team of hangers on around him. In my opinion we will need a few deals out to balance the books, so wouldnt be surprised if he did go.

Last edited:
Great stuff mate, i think Besics book price is far lower we signed him in 2014 for 5 mill odd, until 2019 at the time. He signed a new deal until 2021. Hes likely to have negligible book prices of one more repayment to the the Hungarian club, therefore our only liability is his contract. Thus if we say got 8 mill from Boro for him its likely the vast majority is pure profit.

Deals like Besics are really interesting, we've loaned him twice for two fees and could well cash him on him and over all make a profit on his deal, while he has in the main had little impact for Everton.

Equally Pennigton, works on the same premise, many scratched their head about his new contract in the summer, bringing in loan fees annually, we could sell him for a fee and he has no book price so pure profit. Makes absolute sense.

Vlasic is another interesting one, we sign him for 9 mill, he has contract untill 2022, he probably will have a book price of 6 mill in the summer, we've gotten a loan fee for him and could be sold for 20 million in the summer. Etc.
I doubt Ipswich are paying out decent loan fees to be honest.

I’m glad all the whoppers saying “I’m no longer convinced by Brands” after last night have stuck to twitter and left us alone.

If anyone tries that here I’m banning you for a million years.

Some beauts out there with smartphones.

Im in two minds Grouch to be honest with you, the lad clearly has something and hes going shoulder to shoulder against teams we aspire to compete with.

Last night reminded me that we have as good a starting 11 to compete with anything in the league, yet in this phase of the season the higher quality squad that can compete in the quick turnaround will always be telling. Many of our starting players looked goosed. If we have serious aspirations we need a high quality squad. He was 9 mill, which was fairly cheap in a context and could bring up the bar of quality in the squad. I also wonder how much it would cost for a like for like replacement.

I remember Modric when he first arrived at Spurs, many didnt rate him for the first couple of years.

All that said there was something i feel wasnt liked about his attitude or impatience and i also dont like the fact he seems to have team of hangers on around him. In my opinion we will need a few deals out to balance the books, so would be surprised if he did go.
Fair enough, and of all the loanees he’s the only one I would entertain.

Perhaps he’d be a different prospect under Silva?

I doubt Ipswich are paying out decent loan fees to be honest.

Its a funny one, some team priortise the loan market and make investment there, others on permanents. Loans are sometimes more appealing if you have a smaller annual budget. Didnt they pip Leeds to the deal, you would think Leeds would have more access to funds.

Last edited:

That is what i am thinking Grouch, i think we saw senior players of PL proven high caliber struggle in the basket case that was Everton last year. we have seen the same players really kick on in a more nurturing stable environment of good management. Concrete judgement on players like Kenae, Sigurrdson etc have really been challenged. We have that static view of Vlasic on last season. He seems to be thriving in a more stable environment.

You wonder would Vlasic thrive here now. Its in the lap of Silva for me, i really rate him and his decision making.

I’m glad all the whoppers saying “I’m no longer convinced by Brands” after last night have stuck to twitter and left us alone.

If anyone tries that here I’m banning you for a million years.

Some beauts out there with smartphones.

What about Henry assuming he gets a permit ??

Great stuff mate, i think Besics book price is far lower we signed him in 2014 for 5 mill odd, until 2019 at the time. He signed a new deal until 2021. Hes likely to have negligible book prices of one more repayment to the the Hungarian club, therefore our only liability is his contract. Thus if we say got 8 mill from Boro for him its likely the vast majority is pure profit.

Deals like Besics are really interesting, we've loaned him twice for two fees and could well cash him on him and over all make a profit on his deal, while he has in the main had little impact for Everton.

Equally Pennigton, works on the same premise, many scratched their head about his new contract in the summer, bringing in loan fees annually, we could sell him for a fee and he has no book price so pure profit. Makes absolute sense.

Vlasic is another interesting one, we sign him for 9 mill, he has contract untill 2022, he probably will have a book price of 6 mill in the summer, we've gotten a loan fee for him and could be sold for 20 million in the summer. Etc.

Yeah for besic the £5.5mil was what wed end up with if we sold for £6mil for example...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back