Everton Brands Appointment Confirmed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hold on, Jelavic and Cleverley were free transfers, Anichebe was a youth product. We would have to be showing massive levels of ineptitude to not make a profit on 3 players who didn't cost anything!
Ok, £7M and £8M speak volumes, regardless of profit.

Are we saying that Besic in a much more inflated transfer market wasn't capapble of being sold for £7M?

Ok, £7M and £8M speak volumes, regardless of profit.

Are we saying that Besic in a much more inflated transfer market wasn't capapble of being sold for £7M?

I am saying no such thing (mainly coz I have no idea what the link is there.)

You just mentioned 3 players who we managed to make a profit on who didn't cost anything. There are loads of instances that will back your point up, those 3 are rubbish examples though that's all!

Name one we could have afforded andwould have come here
And don’t say that’s not my job that’s up to Brands
It IS Brands' task. He knows all the Euro leagues and south american. He couldn't find an affordable striker? Well watch him get one in January. Then you;ll see it could have been done last summer if he'd sold players on rather than loanling them.

It IS Brands' task. He knows all the Euro leagues and south american. He cant find a =n affordable striker? Well watch him get one in January. Then you;ll see it could have been done last summer if he'd sold players on rather than selling them.
Dave how often do you have to be told this
No one would buy them at book value
We got our arses handed to us on a plate on the Klassen deal and couldn’t afford to keep on doing it

There's always an excuse.

As said, if a profit could be made on Jelavic, Anichebe and Cleverley - where's the excuses?
As was pointed out Dave those 3 were free transfers If we had of got 10 p for each of them it would have been a profit
Sadly the same does not apply to Bolassie Schnederlin MCCarthy Etc

I think
Besic was £6mil = £5.5mil book value
Bolasie lets say £10mil = -£3.8mil

That would give us about £1.7mil to spend.

Vlasic and Lookman perhaps would take us to under £15mil last summer i think.

Not enough...

Great stuff mate, i think Besics book price is far lower we signed him in 2014 for 5 mill odd, until 2019 at the time. He signed a new deal until 2021. Hes likely to have negligible book prices of one more repayment to the the Hungarian club, therefore our only liability is his contract. Thus if we say got 8 mill from Boro for him its likely the vast majority is pure profit.

Deals like Besics are really interesting, we've loaned him twice for two fees and could well cash him on him and over all make a profit on his deal, while he has in the main had little impact for Everton.

Equally Pennigton, works on the same premise, many scratched their head about his new contract in the summer, bringing in loan fees annually, we could sell him for a fee and he has no book price so pure profit. Makes absolute sense.

Vlasic is another interesting one, we sign him for 9 mill, he has contract untill 2022, he probably will have a book price of 6 mill in the summer, we've gotten a loan fee for him and could be sold for 20 million in the summer. Etc.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back